Good bye al jazeera america

when people heard the name Al Jazeera they assumed it was the evil head chopping channel.
In reality it was nothing like that, it was close to BBS World News. A name means so much.

That is so true, and with it's demise let's hope they re-open Al Jazeera English over on 97 ku that they scrambled due to the Al Jazeera America cable news channel coming online.
I believe they said the reason they encrypted that channel was due to the cable contracts for carrying AJA.

So maybe the app will continue to work. But I doubt they'll spend the money to gather the content.

I totally agree.

Now I hope they will allow Al Jazeera English to be aired again to this part of the world.

Unlike EuroNews that is harder to get in the U.S live, Al Jazeera International is readily available online, on Roku, even an App for Android. I just don't understand why they did not just go with that to begin with, and why they don't now go to that for the carriage they already have.

I remember that some of their anchors started to jump ship after a few months on AJAM.

I bet now they´ll be sure they made the right move at a very good time.

And sadly the current staff may regret not having jumped ship before.

Sad to see AJ go, although the English version is better than AJAM. I think part of their problem is most people would rather stay in their comfort zones and watch whatever entertainment news channel aligns with their beliefs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)