Good bye al jazeera america

Now to get rid of BBC America too and replace both with their international versions would be great.

Dish should pick up BBC World News to replace AJAM or at least get TV Land or another big network in HD that isn't offered in HD on DISH.

It is really too bad Congress passed the Act in '01 that required all American produced news to be awful and consist of nothing but terrible journalistic quality and banal fluff garbage at best.

Wonder if its completely shutting down, or if the channel will turn into something else.

I think Al Jazeera English was a MUCH better station then Al Jazeera America ever was.

Rumor has it that One America News Network (OAN) is thinking about buying it to get carriage.

AJAM was doomed from the outset because of the way U.S. systems operator executives reacted to its name. Thanks to the neocons following 9/11, Al Jazeera was always perceived -- falsely -- as an Al Qaeda propaganda instrument. Conservatives in America presumed AJAM would be the same.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
I always watched it when there was a "big" event, like the Paris attack. They reported the news. To the contrary, watching CNN, FOX, etc was shameful - they were making up news !

Exactly,
Same here, that´s the channel I´d tune in such events.

I preferred Al Jazeera English even over BBC World News.

i don't see Dish using Al Jazeera America's folding to launch BBC World or One America News Network or even CNN International.

what will most likely happen will be when the channel shuts down, is Dish will use the wasted SD bandwidth to boost up their HD bandwidth or give the slot to another infomercial channel. meanwhile the recently launched AJA HD Feed will end up being given to a SD only channel to broadcast in HD on Dish. most likely top choices for AJA's HD channel to be replaced by would be one of the most watched SD channels getting an HD feed. i pick that it would go to one of the Viacom channels or one of the Fox channels as they are rumored to having their contract expire sometime this year.

People just make things up to fit their personal agenda. The fate of Al Jazeera U.S. had zip, zero, zilch, nada to do with any political group. Had they simply distributed their international channel it would have done well. From almost day one I did not like the make-up of the US version, but to this day I go online to watch the international version at times, when I also watch EuroNews. Even some people inside the Al Jazeera group did not put alot of support behind the project, to me it was doomed before it started.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)