Good deals: Barbeques Galore closing

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Since they've gone bankrupt, they're doing the 20%-40% off sale bit. In the store near me, they had the store sample BGE off even more. The grills are high quality.

I was able to get some natural lump, but only at 20% off. I've got a lead to buy 50 lb sacks in the future from a restaurant that uses it by the truckload.

I was really tempted by their huge markdown on an entire outdoor kitchen setup (store display), but I just didn't have the $2400 on me. :p

This store was actually dim- I'd say less than half their lights were on. Lot's of sauces and accessories left, a few cookbooks, etc. Smoking wood was going fast, as was the charcoal. Many boxes laying around. Not much in back that I could see. The guy said he thought they'd be open another 7 weeks. I think he meant the chain, not that store. He didn't have enough to keep going that long. He thought he might get another truck delivery, but wasn't sure. Said warehouses mostly empty now. Plus, many landlords are pressing for prompt closure. They don't like "going out of business" posters in their shopping centers.

Some Taiwanese outfit bought their assets. Some stores in CA may reopen under a new name. Guesses run from 24-40 stores, out of the current 60. There are 4 stores in the general DC area. This store manager thought they should/might reopen at least one in the DC area. I guess locally, business was good. I hate to see them go. I didn't buy much there, but I was a repeat customer.

One article I read said they were the only big BBQ chain in the country. Originated Down Under.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts