Good dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mando209

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 14, 2013
What company is this dish? Are they good? 2 hours away from me.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1483900731.410588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks a lot like a unimesh, but i might be wrong. I have 2 10' unimeshes and they both work well.

Hard for me to make out much detail with that photo, Mando. Possibly a Unimesh or Channel Master? I'm guessing a 10 footer?

If it is 10ft or more and not warped... it should be a good'un for C Band. Size of mesh openings will determine whether it is also good for KU.

It isn't a Janeil Darkstar.... which is the #1 dish everyone says to avoid. :)

Reactions: mando209
I emailed him to send me more pics.lol @ darkstar

Definitely appears to be a quadpanel dish. Not a Uni-Mesh, the LNB supports are in the wrong place for Uni-Mesh. Looks to be a Channel Master or Winegard quadpanel. Could tell more by seeing if the middle mesh support ring is round or square.

I brightened it up a little to see the detail, and I concur with Magic Static, it looks a lot like a Channel Master to me. If so, it's most likely a really nice dish.

Tmp.png

I know this guy is still in business http://www.satellitedish.com/page-6.htm and he claim s a 10' mesh dish shipped is $1200 shipped to the midwest. dont know if it was the t-lock dish or the "regular dish". so all those 10' we save for free are worth it. I called looking for replacement mesh, which he didnt have.

We should email that Orbitcommunications guy. That link that you made is NO LONGER valid. But, it still comes up on searches. He has no links to that page on his main site. Those dishes and prices are long gone!
Okay,,, I will delete that one from my list. thanks

Is there anywhere in the USA to buy a new 10' mesh?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the SatelliteGuys app!

Orbit Communications has a 11.7 foot Orbitron with a polar mount for $700 + shipping. Not bad since there's no real competition these days for BUDs. Orbit also has Paraclipse antennas, which used to be a good quality dish. Haven't used one of those in years, but I'd bet they're still excellent dishes.

DH Satellite has a decent price on a spun aluminum 9 footer they claim is as good as a 10 footer due to the accuracy of their spinning process. I wouldn't doubt that after selling a lot of spun dishes over the 30 years we were in the business. If you stay with a movable dish, then it's probably worth it, but if you are doing multiple installs to avoid having to move the dish, then you may not want to spend that much.

Well the guy never replied back but i posted in wanted section on criagslist.guy says he has one for sale.in the past guys replied back with crazy prices.hopefully this time it's different :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)