Good earbuds for IPod??

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
I got my first IPod for Christmas this year and was wondering if anyone knew of some good sounding comfortable earbuds. I think the ones that came with the IPod sound fine, but they really start hurting my ears after a few minutes.

Are there any out there that come with comfort and good sound quality? I recently tried some skull earbuds that a friend has, and although they were much more comfortable than mine, I did not think the sound quality was as good.

Depending upon what you're looking for, you could try any of these earbuds and you'll notice a much more comfortable experience as well as highly improved sound quality. The earbuds that come with iPods blow in ways too numerous to list, comfort and sound quality being the first and foremost of them.

I have the Sony earbuds and they're very comfortable. A friend of mine has the Sennheiser earbuds and I like their sound better than the Sony buds, but there is a price difference. Had I known about them when I got new buds, I'd have got the Sennheaiser buds.

Amazon.com: Sony MDR-EX81LP Bud-Style Stereo Earphones (Black): Electronics

Amazon.com: Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black): Electronics

I got the Sony MDR-EX71SLA Fontopia in-ear buds (in white) for our white 5G Video iPod. They fit great and more importantly, sound 100x better than the included iPod earbuds. I see Amazon has them for about 75% the price I paid 18 months ago.

I like JVC Gumy earbuds for about 10 bucks at BB, Frys, Walmart etc
Sound good and you are not out a lot if you lose or break them.

My wife loves her JVC Gummy Ear Buds, while I dont think there is anything Gummy about them, they hurt my ears. I however do love my Shure E2C's and they come with a multitude of sleeve choices for in your ear.

Bill

I know the Sennheiser CX300-S earbuds are very good for ipod, they got nice reviews.
They fit very snug in the ear canal and you know they're comfortable, very light, I can barely feel them hanging around my neck. The highs and mids are sharp and clear even at highest volume levels, but the bass is what really sold me. Not the dissapointing lows or muffled bass like sony's or ipod buds.Excellent outside noice cancellation aswell.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)