Good job Dish replacing my H3

thomasjk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 10, 2006
Charlotte, NC
This morning my H3 was stuck in "Starting up 9999" loop. I called support and requested it be replaced. The agent said it would be 2-4 business days which I said was unacceptable. I asked for overnight delivery and was told that I would be charged $35. Again I told her that this was not acceptable. After several minutes she came back with the Dish silver plan for 9.99 with a $20 shipment charge. Again I asked for free overnight delivery. After some time on hold she came back and said she was waiving the charge.
It pays to be persistent and polite with Dish especially if you are a long time customer (23 years). Very pleased with the results.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I found several links but I don't think I saw a solution other than replacement or it fixed itself.

The latest email update from Dish and UPS shows delivery by end of day tomorrow.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tampa8
We once had an error message on a piece of software that said, "Something bad has happened!"

Should it really be considered a "good job" when you had to insist three times that you shouldn't be charged?
Yes, because likely it was the CSR's job to not give away free expedited shipping and had to go through the proper script and chain of command to get to where the customer was happy, or else risk losing his job.

Reactions: Tampa8 and thomasjk
Lol - wrong forum....... If you delete your post it will be gone from this thread....

Yes, because likely it was the CSR's job to not give away free expedited shipping and had to go through the proper script and chain of command to get to where the customer was happy, or else risk losing his job.
So they did their job? To me kudos would be deserved if they went above and beyond.
[automerge]1576161362[/automerge]
So they did their job? To me kudos would be deserved if they went above and beyond.

[automerge]1576161362[/automerge]

They satisfied their customer. What more do you expect?

Reactions: Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts