Good luck, Voomers! (If you don't reboot daily)

When you say reboot do you mean just turn off the power or unplug and plug back up?

Or is there another way to reboot like a reboot button?

I have three boxes and haven't had to reboot very much (maybe twice) since the newest software came (a while ago.)

Only one reboot, second day I had Voom, right after I got the software upgrade. It's been fine since then.

Just turned on Voom , and it was locked up on MonsterHD , no sound cant change the channel nothing, lol, this will be 4 reboot in the last 4 months

LOBO2999 said:
Just turned on Voom , and it was locked up on MonsterHD , no sound cant change the channel nothing, lol, this will be 4 reboot in the last 4 months
My Dish 6000 has locked up/rebooted more times than that in 4 months. :no

I have been unlucky . I have been Vooming since 2/28 and reboot two to three times a month .....I'm still using the remote slowly...My only Bit@#h is the sound and pg.

I have 2 boxes:

The first never requires rebooting.
The second needs to be rebooted at least once a day, and it must be unplugged. The soft reboot does not help.

I figured I would just put up with the second box until the new firmware comes out to see if it helps.

warkovision said:
I have three boxes and haven't had to reboot very much (maybe twice) since the newest software came (a while ago.)

Is there anyway to tell if you have the new software?

I had just one bad day in my 4th day of service, it was frustrating but I figured out some things.

If I change the channels too fast, the box will freeze, so I stopped doing that and just use the menu to see what's on then click OK when I want to change the channel.

That seemed to help, but it is a work around.

DrWho said:
I had just one bad day in my 4th day of service, it was frustrating but I figured out some things.

If I change the channels too fast, the box will freeze, so I stopped doing that and just use the menu to see what's on then click OK when I want to change the channel.

That seemed to help, but it is a work around.

The same here. Switching channels too fast freezes the box. I just use up and down arrows to browse.
But I have to add that Dish's 811 freezes much more than Voom's box. In my opinion, 811 should not be released until they fix all bugs. Sometime I can't even shut down that thing using remote or power button. You have to unplug it and wait few minutes before you turn it on.

I have 2 VOOM boxes, one is connected to my HD set, the other to a SD set.

The SD set box has only locked up once in about 5 weeks---and it did so "on it's own". Turned on the TV (the box was on already) and it was locked up--stuck on one channel with no key response.

The HD set box freezes much more frequently usually every 2-3 days. Sometimes it just freezes up "on it's own" as above, other times it just goes berserk with channel numbers not matching up to the actual onscreen channel.

I wish I knew what the difference was, and whether or not the HD set box is defective, or at least, more so than the other box. I haven't tried switching them, since it's such a pain to get behind my component setup--