Good news, Salsa- Rob Ryan is GONE from the Raiders!

I'm not opposed to this hire actually. Rob Ryan has done a decent job with Oakland's Defense. He's a disciplinarian and isn't afraid to get in a players face. I like this move.

Last edited:
OK.....a few things:

THANK GOD HE IS GONE!!!! When he stuck to the man-to-man defense, the Raiders defense was easily top 15 and possibly top 10. Once he would to some kind of zone...they would get absolutely KILLED!! The problem was, this moron did not know WHEN to do it! In the Buffalo, Dolphin and KC game....he went zone coverage late in the game...and it killed him...ALL resulting in losses. The picked up DeAngelo Hall, a guy that was notorious for struggling in the man-to-man coverage....he was the new version of Elvis "Toast" Patterson....AND was Ryan's favorite player.

The ONLY sad thing is now I gotta find someone ELSE to rag on. It's like a stand-up comedian losing the current Bush in the White House....they both provided som much material....;)

I Rathman, I am so-so on. He did well with some and well with other running backs. But we have had issues with keeping our running backs healthy the last couple of years....

Well, maybe this will be another case of the coach learning from his mistakes at his first job and doing better in his second.

For the first time since I can remember we now have 2 experienced coaches at their respective positions in Ryan and Mangini.

Last edited:
Well, maybe this will be another case of the coach learning from his mistakes at his first job and doing better in his second.

For the first time since I can remember we now have 2 experienced coaches at their respective positions in Cable and Mangini.

ah...it's not Cable...it's Rob Ryan. And he was the offensive line coach before he became the Raiders head coach.

Can you imagine having to explain yourself to this mug?...

If I were on defense, I'd sure work my tail off in fear that this guy might eat me!

610x.jpg

I thought he did a very good job. Remember his defense beat the world champion Steelers. The offense for the Raiders only gained 98 yards of offense.

What? Dude can obviously put together a good defense. He has a chance to learn from the mistakes he has made in Oakland. Give the guy a chance.

Putting together a good defense is not his problem....making the proper adjustments in game and making the right decision to switch from man to a zone is his problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)