New NBA Rule

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
A referee called traveling on a player who was making over $10,000,000 a year! First time ever!

He calls it "the crab" dribble.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290104027"]Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Washington Wizards - Recap - January 04, 2009 - ESPN[/ame]

Jack Sikma's step back pop, Dominique Wilkins's and Bob MacAdoo's "jump stop" and KJ's "cross over dribble" are all traveling too, as far as I'm concerned.

So, was it a travel ?
I didn't see it, but heard about it.

Most in the NBA travel and never get called, I might start paying attention if they called the rules the same for everyone.

So, was it a travel ?
I didn't see it, but heard about it.

Most in the NBA travel and never get called, I might start paying attention if they called the rules the same for everyone.

I missed that part

I just watched it about 10 times.....it was as obvious a travel as I have ever seen!!! LMAO!!!!:rolleyes:

cool :D a bad day for james. a travel call and a loss to a bad team. I guess everyone is entitled to a bad game. they are still quite good. :)

Come on, take off your "Homer glasses", he took three steps.

I actually didn't see the game live, but saw the ESPN instant replay once. I will have to go back and watch again, but to me I only counted 2.

Either way, that loss shouldn't have come down to that call. The Cavs as a whole played bad yesterday.

I actually didn't see the game live, but saw the ESPN instant replay once. I will have to go back and watch again, but to me I only counted 2.

Either way, that loss shouldn't have come down to that call. The Cavs as a whole played bad yesterday.

The 1st 2 times...I was still iffy....once I saw the replays, it was as obvious as the nose on your face.

COULD it not have been possible that MAYBE Washington played BETTER for that day?:confused:

EDIT: You posted this on another thread:

Win or lose...... it'll simply be because we played a better team.......

Doesn't that same statement could be said about any sport?

The 1st 2 times...I was still iffy....once I saw the replays, it was as obvious as the nose on your face.

COULD it not have been possible that MAYBE Washington played BETTER for that day?:confused:

EDIT: You posted this on another thread:

Doesn't that same statement could be said about any sport?

Washington did play better. But that's not saying much considering how bad Cleveland played yesterday. :rolleyes:

You can't always explain a loss with 1 generic answer.

Washington did play better. But that's not saying much considering how bad Cleveland played yesterday. :rolleyes:

You can't always explain a loss with 1 generic answer.

Maybe Washington's good play lead to Cleveland's bad play....no one EVERY wants to give the other team credit.

Maybe Washington's good play lead to Cleveland's bad play....no one EVERY wants to give the other team credit.

I gladly give other teams props when they deserve them. But yesterday, no one deserved any props.

The fact of the matter was the Cavs fell asleep on defense and allowed the Wizards to several wide open shots. The Cavs were also without Big Z. The lack of a big man was felt as we were out rebounded 52-35, including an edge of 19-9 for the Wizards on the offensive glass.

The Cavs finished the game shooting under 40%, and were 7-for-26 from distance. 26 three-point attempts!!! The Cavs also finished with 17 turn-overs for the game, resulting in 19 points-off-turn-overs for Washington. If you’re scoring at home, that would be 39 points that the Cavs all but gift-wrapped for the Wiz.

Trust me when I tell you, yesterday's game was a case of the Cavs beating themselves, not the other way around. Frankly, neither team played well. It was a miracle that the Cavs had a shot to send this game to OT with 10 seconds left.

Cavs better not lose to Charlotte at home.

With the big Friday night game against Boston, I want to see them defend their house against an opponent of the highest order!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts