Good Oppo DVD player (980 vs 981)?

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Sorry for putting this here, but not sure of a place (mods please move if you need too).

I need a nice SD DVD player with good upconversion. The 983 is awesome by all accounts, but little more than I want to spend.

I notice the 980H and 981HD are more in my range. Anyone steer me as to which one is a better video playback unit for dvd movies upconverted?

Also, if there is another upconverter in the $180 range, let me know (I assume there is not)

Thanks.

Just read the comparo at Oppo, appears the 981HD is the right unit for me. Would still like some input from owners, Ive never owned an Oppo before.

Sorry for putting this here, but not sure of a place (mods please move if you need too).

I need a nice SD DVD player with good upconversion. The 983 is awesome by all accounts, but little more than I want to spend.

I notice the 980H and 981HD are more in my range. Anyone steer me as to which one is a better video playback unit for dvd movies upconverted?

Also, if there is another upconverter in the $180 range, let me know (I assume there is not)

Thanks.

From what I hear, the Oppo's are a great upconverting player. Never had one though.

However, if you're looking for a different solution, the Sony DVP-NS75H has gotten just as good reviews and can be had for $75.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts