Good Prices: FTA receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anole

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 22, 2005
L.A., Calif.
A while back, Remington found a Canadian dealer with some too-good-to-be true prices.
I got a killer close-out deal on a top FTA box. :cool:
Used an American Express card, just to be safe. :rolleyes:
Everything turned out great.

Well, I'd like to return the favor by mentioning another dealer, but maybe it would be wise to ask if anyone has had any dealings with them?
FTAsat4less is the company. I won't use their URL at this time.

Some of the outstanding prices include:
Regular Viewsat models, Viewsat VSpro, Pansat 3500sd, and Coolsat 6000.
All are well below what I consider "market".

The satellite dishes they offer with no picture are probably a poor choice.
Possibly a small dish with a multi-LNB holder
Their LNB choices are ... suspicious . . .
They'd be wise to offer a couple of DMSI or Invacom models.
If priced too high, they'd make good money, or if perpetually out of stock, it'd at least look good.

They are located in Henderson, NV if anyone wants to drive by and take a look. :)

They seem to have very good deals, but the lack of dish selection and LNB's makes me think that they are not catering to us......

I've emailed them a couple times and it took a while to get a response. In the time it took for them to respond, I had already shopped and received from elsewhere.

The address may be in NV but at least some of the specs are in metric. Take a look at the one switch they offer, specs say 0 to 60 deg C. Not much good for NV, methinks. Maybe OK for Greece?

Add about $40 shipping and handling and the prices fall in line with other shops. I prefer sellers that post prices up front, including shipping costs.

The address may be in NV but at least some of the specs are in metric. Take a look at the one switch they offer, specs say 0 to 60 deg C. Not much good for NV, methinks. Maybe OK for Greece?

If it does 0-60C take out pretty much anything north of say 40 latitude. 0C is 32F and heck in September we can get below that at night here in Minnesota :)

still not sure

Add about $40 shipping and handling and the prices fall in line with other shops.
I prefer sellers that post prices up front, including shipping costs.
At your suggestion, I tried to 'buy' a Coolsat 6000 ($99) and see what the shipping charges were.
I wasn't able to get to the shipping cost without going too far into their order process.

Some receivers and other items included shipping in the price.
One is lulled into a false sense of security, so if they hit you with a big number at checkout, that would stop me.

I agree that for $40 more, it wouldn't be an outstanding deal.
And, I much prefer to do business with outfits who offer better disclosure.

Are you confirming that they -do- charge such outrageous prices , or just suggesting that they might?

Oh.
Okay, that's not acceptable business practice, in my opinion.

Please close and lock the thread.
No point giving discussion for any such outfits.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)