Goodbye Charlie... (OFFICIAL I am Leaving DISH Thread)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Not to mention the real deal breaker...can only pause live TV from the DVR receiver, not the other rooms.

Oh and the fact that their HD PQ absolutely blows... Take it from me... I had U-verse for about 7 months before I couldn't take anymore and moved back to DISH.

If D* had the HD versions of AMC, BBC America, DYI, E!, and G4 I'd probably leave but as long as I have those I can live without FoxAZ & FX for awhile (I use Hulu a lot via my HTPC). I've been living without ESPN News-HD for a while so I guess I can live with that.

If they drop the local Fox channel and Fox News, I'm gone. I love my 722 and the two 211 (w/EHD) I have but if I get three of their new DVR's with the whole-house-connection feature, I'd be good. Eventuality they'll get the channels mentioned above in HD.

For the same reason Dish subs post here, to express their opinion of something and to clear up issues or clarify misinformation posted by others.

I guess to post in the Dish Network forum is a requirement to have Dish Network as your provider. Nobody else can express opinions, give information or help others or the Dish Network Squad will complain. It's very sad to see what this forum has become! :(

At a local big box store, Comcast and D* have tables in different parts of the store with signs saying "We have FOX!" What's funny the sign was the same for both tables.

My sis-in-law is considering dumping E*, but waiting for the outcome first instead of making a fast move. She has look at U-verse, but she's in an area where only one (not two) HD streams can be done at one time.

So I say, enjoy the more buggy U-verse/FIOS/Cable/DirecTV equipment, and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

And how is FiOS equipment buggy? I've been with Verizon for two years (HD cable box) and have yet to run into a problem. I have my own DVR, so I don't need to use theirs.

But I agree about U-Verse; everything I've read about them has indicated that their HD signal is crap.

A number of off topic posts have been removed, please stay on topic.

I have said it before but will say it again, I would rather have a customer leaving a company to come here and post why they are leaving then just switch companies without saying anything.

I think its good for the companies and other consumers to read whats going on so they can better decide what to do, it allows companies to see where they are screwing up and allows consumers to better decide where to spend their money.

Enough of some folks adding their 2 cents with rude comments to others. These comments just morph into a bunch of good members getting mad at each other and drawing them into the off topic posting.

If you want to add your 2 cents then I know a place where you can hang out with Captain 2 cents and have a good time, this is not the place for it.

I have already given warning to some folks in PM's and am not afraid to send them packing. Those folks know who they are. To everyone else (including some who's posts were removed because they were drawn in by others) relax and lets get back to having fun and doing what we do best.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation! :)

It's been said before but I'll say it again, good luck to those who have made the decision to move on. It's really never worth it to make an emotional attachment to any company be it for TV, broadband, or any other number of subscription based services. Choose what service best fits your needs and budget and then go with that service. If another provider is able to provide an even better service then the only reason you should not switch is if you're under a contract with your current provider that you can't afford to break.

It's been said before but I'll say it again, good luck to those who have made the decision to move on. It's really never worth it to make an emotional attachment to any company be it for TV, broadband, or any other number of subscription based services. Choose what service best fits your needs and budget and then go with that service. If another provider is able to provide an even better service then the only reason you should not switch is if you're under a contract with your current provider that you can't afford to break.

Well said. :up

Good points, I could see how one may be frustrated and want to leave, hopefully those who really enjoy Dish service, espeically those who have had it for many years review there optons because each company does have there differences.

Yep, I am gone next summer. I have already paid for Center Ice, so I will switch after the season ends. DTV just has more of what I want. Thanks for the decade of service Dish.

I'm not gone yet, but will probably be following suit soon. I've had Dish since Feb of 2000 and will probably be out in November when my current commitment ends.

When I left Comcast for Dish in Y2k, Communist Cast as I always called them was terrible. Terrible PQ, terrible service and HIGH cost. As the years have passed they have been putting a lot of investment in infrastructure locally, this year specifically (Project Cavalry) and now have a very good product to offer with excellent PQ that from what I've seen now surpasses Dish.

They also have a (mostly) apples to apples comparison on packages in my area to Dish. Digital Preferred (HD is included on everything now with CC) is almost dollar for dollar the same as dish...until you start packaging in Internet and Voice. And that's where my decision that it's time to switch comes in.

After Dish dinged us early this year with the receiver fees, I started looking. Until that time it would always come out a wash for me to have Dish for TV and CC internet over CC for both. Not anymore. Double Play from Comcast will save me almost $15 a month of the combined costs with no promos over my current Dish/Comcast combo. With the 12 month incentive pricing it's $60 a month cheaper, which essentially is 1 year of free Internet. If I bump to a 'triple-play' and switch my voice from AT&T...then my savings rises up to $80 a month (For the first year). After the incentives...it's still about a $15 savings from where I am today.

So yes, its a purely financial decision, brought on by the current economy. If Dish had just left well enough alone with the receiver pricing, I would have never even looked. And now I can't just turn away from the savings for a TV Subscription that I don't watch all that much anymore (I'm spend significantly more time gaming).

I had DirecTV installed this morning and just cancelled Dish. In the end, all they could do was spit out a script about Fox and offer me $10 off per month for a year. With the $29 off the first year with DirecTV, My bill will go down about $35 per month. I also get $14 off the first year, so this has turned into a money saving proposition for me, as well.

Oh and the fact that their HD PQ absolutely blows... Take it from me... I had U-verse for about 7 months before I couldn't take anymore and moved back to DISH.

Thats funny I've had U-verse for 1.5 years now no contract HD just as good as Dish have a whole lot less problems with it then I did with Dish and it doesn't go out every time it sprinkles.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)