Goodbye Dish, Hello Direct (I hope)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jovach

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
After being told by my local Dish provider that I do not qualify for the Dish-it-up because they did not install my Dish and that I do not qualify as a new customer because they currently provide my service (which they installed 4 yrs ago) I have had enough. Called Direct and can get two mpeg 4 HD DVRs, and two DTVs installed in three days. I was also told that Direct will not downgrade HD signals and that all HD programming will be true HD, not HD lite. This I want confirmed in writing and will post if I get a definitive answer. I would appreciate any suggestions on what equipment to get - I need two HD DVR's, one HD receiver, and one DTV receiver. The only problem I have with Direct so far is that they will only let me have two peices of HD equipment per order. I will have to wait to get the other HD receiver which is no problem. Right now I am looking at 1000.00 for the two HD DVR's and 119.00 per month for everything Direct has to offer.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

jovach said:
After being told by my local Dish provider that I do not qualify for the Dish-it-up because they did not install my Dish and that I do not qualify as a new customer because they currently provide my service (which they installed 4 yrs ago) I have had enough. Called Direct and can get two mpeg 4 HD DVRs, and two DTVs installed in three days. I was also told that Direct will not downgrade HD signals and that all HD programming will be true HD, not HD lite. This I want confirmed in writing and will post if I get a definitive answer. I would appreciate any suggestions on what equipment to get - I need two HD DVR's, one HD receiver, and one DTV receiver. The only problem I have with Direct so far is that they will only let me have two peices of HD equipment per order. I will have to wait to get the other HD receiver which is no problem. Right now I am looking at 1000.00 for the two HD DVR's and 119.00 per month for everything Direct has to offer.
Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

The Direct CSR's must be taking lessons from the Dish CSR's. DirectTV sends ALL their HD in "HDLite". Whoever told you this was giving you a line of BS. Do a search in the DirectTV forums. You'll see what I mean.

So ... once again customer service doesn't have a clue. Since you have both, which do you prefer?

Both... as I get my Networks from D* (grandfathered and waivers) plus UHD But the Quality HD comes from the Hdnets and also from HBO and SHO from 148 from E* and the D* versions of Hd nets, Discovery and EspnHD do not compare in PQ...

Sounds like if you want quality HD E* is the way to go for the short term. But if I understand correctly, E* is going to eventually downrez that programing when they switch it to MPEG 4.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)