goodbye mogul, hello touch pro

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Apparently Sprint is pretty much done with replacing mogul's with moguls. I took mine in for service (center round button came off) and when they determined it could not be reliably fixed, they gave me a new touch pro.

Gotta say, I really like this phone. I loved my mogul, but the TP is a very nice upgrade so far. Played with a couple custom ROM's, but haven't decided on one yet. Really like the keyboard (more like a real qwerty keyboard, less Function key use, less "blue" key use)

Anyways, just a heads up for anyone with a defective mogul in the coming months, odds are if they have to replace it, you'll get a TP.

I know a couple people with the Touch Pro and it seems pretty nice. I think I'm going to wait till the Palm Pre is out and switch up then. It seems like they are going to market that as the iphone killer.

I just (week ago Thursday) switched to a Touch Pro from an Instinct. Still on the Stock Rom, and happy with it, modulo the internet stuff not quite working with the Mac.

Did you had insurance for mogul? or they replaced because it was under warranty? I bought my mogul about year ago and now directional pad no longer works...

How is it as far as switching from the Mogul to the TP for the screen size. The Mogul has a bigger screen than the TP.

How is it as far as switching from the Mogul to the TP for the screen size. The Mogul has a bigger screen than the TP.

The difference between the actual screen viewing area is negligible. And the enhanced resolution of the screen more than makes up for it.

Screen size difference is so negligible that the mogul screen protector actually would cover the touch screen display of the TP, just wouldn't look right. Yes, the TP resolution improvment is much appreciated.

I have TEP on my phone, but it was a completely free swap out, not even the $50 deductible. Phone was not 1 year old yet.

Well, I have been using my Mogul for 14-months now and it is still working well. While there are a few I don't like about the device, I still have a spare NIB. I planned on using them for 3-4 years, but I have been wondering if Sprint will try to move me off the SERO plan (unlimited data, text, email and 500-minutes for $30) when my 2 year contract is up. If so, I will probably look at going back to Verizon. Anyway, does anyone know if Sprint will keep me on the $30 SERO Plan after my 2-years contract is up?

I just got off the phone with retention and they are giving me the phone for $179.99 after the $100 mail-in rebate. :D

Well, I have been using my Mogul for 14-months now and it is still working well. While there are a few I don't like about the device, I still have a spare NIB. I planned on using them for 3-4 years, but I have been wondering if Sprint will try to move me off the SERO plan (unlimited data, text, email and 500-minutes for $30) when my 2 year contract is up. If so, I will probably look at going back to Verizon. Anyway, does anyone know if Sprint will keep me on the $30 SERO Plan after my 2-years contract is up?

Be careful if you are trying to get Touch Pro with SERO. It is suppose to work only with EVERYTHING plans and not with SERO, Watch out If they try to switch your plan when upgrading phone. With that being said, there are ways to get TP on SERO if you follow certain steps....search engine on howard forum or slickdeal will be your friend.

I personally gonna wait out for TOUCH HD with keyboard (A.K.A. HTC Rhodium). It suppose to come built-in FM transmitter, FM radio and even WIMAX modem intially disababled and activated later. Engadget & other reviewers including those who have it, hailing this device with best display in mobile. For strange reasons it is only available in Russia....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)