Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
It's a sad day.

I got this in my email box last night.

Dear friend of THE TUBE Music Network,

We regret to inform you of the fate that has befallen The Tube Music Network. October 1, 2007 The Tube ceased its national broadcast.

Viewers, Artists, Music Companies, Investors, Business Partners, TV stations, Cable companies, Advertisers , Friends and our creative partners @Radical Media - your support of The Tube has always been highly valued and appreciated. The collective efforts of this team, fueled by the letters we received from viewers, sustained THE TUBE as it struggled through the financial limitations that ultimately contributed to its incapacitated state.

Thank you for inviting The Tube Music Network into your life.

Sincerely,

The Tube Music Network staff

Well looks like it is true. :(

I just turned to WTXX 20.2 and get the below slide on my screen.

Attachments

• thetube.jpg
    thetube.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 448
A local channel carried it on a digital subchannel. I had heard many positive comments.Sorry tos ee it go.

It sucks in one way, but is a benefit in another. Local CBS can now use more bandwidth for HD.

Excellent news! I hated this channel since our local CBS station has it and 2 other subchannels causing the HD channel to run at 10 mbps.

A very good friend of mine is/was the program director for The Tube. This sucks.

I was watching the channel (at least it was on in the background) when it all of the sudden blinked out. By the time I looked at the TV the slate was on telling me of the channel's demise!

That channel was just too good to be true. :(

See ya
Tony

As a child of the late 70s/early 80s, I grew up watching music videos. The Tube was a nice way for me to see a music video w/o having to resort to YouTube or Google video.

It's really sad to see a channel strictly dedicated to videos just up and fold. I could go on and on about the "evolution" of MTV, VH-1, Fuse, etc...but that would and could and should be in another topic. LOL

That sucks. I moved a big dish over just for the TUBE (especially after losing it's small dish counterpart on G10 awhile back)

This sucks, my local FOX affiliate carried it and it's gone. I really liked it, reminded me of MTV in the mid 80's. Sad day.:(

This sucks, my local FOX affiliate carried it and it's gone. I really liked it, reminded me of MTV in the mid 80's. Sad day.:(

Wished it would have been our FOX affiliate that carried it, they have more room to spare on the ATSC carrier than 1080i one.

-snif-

KTLA channel 5, Los Angeles carried it on a subchannel: 5.5

It made great background music. Much better than the radio.
And the plus was if you were in the room with it, there was something to see, too.
Bite that!, Radio! :cool:

I agree, it was a pretty good channel, but I didn't watch it much. My guess is that it folded for the same reasons MTV and VH-1 moved away from music video formats. Not enough advertising revenue to keep that format afloat. It works for radio, but costs are much higher for television. Their primary distribution method was broadcast digital subchannels. Probably not much potential viewership there even if the revenue model did work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)