Goodidea.tv Thai channel???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thedishguy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 5, 2006
so ive return to this forum to ask a question from my fellow dish expert. recently my mom favorite channel has gone missing. she said after the storm but ive check the dish and everything is perfect. she gets all the other thai channel but not goodidea tv and MKtv. ive tried changing transponders and frequency...nothing. the name does show up but its blank. i use the signal check and its all green. ive called the network and they said that because my mother has a iptv. receiver its actually being blocked. bummer. anybody have any idea? suggestions? if i were to get a new receiver(not iptv brand) will it work?

now checking thelist I see goodidea tv says scrambled but on that transponder some channels say scrambled but they arent

MK TV last I checked was still up

Have you tried a factory reset or deleting the channels and rescanning?

Yup I've tried about a dozen times reseting and scanning channels. Question about scanning and setting transponders...when you switch transponder does the signal change or is it suppose to change? Why does different transponder give you more channels then other? Also everytime I set it to 22000(which is where the channel is) after it's done scanning it changes back to 12090. Is there a satellite how-to for dummies that explains all this so I don't have to ask a million quesions?

Btw. I'm thinking of just buying her a use reciever. Anybody know of a cheap but reliable place where I can get one?

Question about scanning and setting transponders...when you switch transponder does the signal change or is it suppose to change?
the quality meter will change on each transponder. Some transponders have more power than others

Why does different transponder give you more channels then other?
it all depends on how many channels they want to put on there. The more channels on a TP the more picture quality can suffer.

Also everytime I set it to 22000(which is where the channel is) after it's done scanning it changes back to 12090.
the frequency is 12090. The symbol rate is 22000. You do need both (and the polarity) to make sure the channels log in. If the info isnt right you will get no signal

I see thanks iceberg. I'll give it another try. I probably have the settings all wrong then

you have to program them into the receiver. You can program in multiple transponders on each satellite. How ot enter them varies with each receiver

What reciever is it?

by the way I just checked and both are up and working. Goodidea claims its scrambled but its not

Attachments

• PICT0088.JPG
    PICT0088.JPG
    785.7 KB · Views: 318
  • PICT0089.JPG
    PICT0089.JPG
    838.6 KB · Views: 298
Wha the?! Her reciever does not look like that lol. She has an Atlanta DTH SMP-6200

Ok I just did a scan inputting those numbers you gave me. I saw goodidea tv just popped up into the list but when I go out and look for them it's not there.

What are some of the menu options?
There should be a transponder scan/manual scan option to add a transponder

Ok I just did a scan inputting those numbers you gave me. I saw goodidea tv just popped up into the list but when I go out and look for them it's not there.

make sure when you scan you scan for ALL and not FTA as the channel shows scrambled (but isnt)
I have a reciever that shows all the channels when you scan but if you say show FTA only when you save and back out the scrambled channels disappear

this is the screen im getting when input the transponder, freq, pol.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 155
that looks right. So when you scan it shows the channel scanning in but it doesnt show after you back out?

nope. also notice the signal isnt green. is it suppose to be like that?

Dish guy, could the receiver's memory be full? I have a couple of boxes that will act that way when they're close to being overloaded with empty transponders..they'll scan in stuff but then, when you go to look-it ain't there!
I get Good Idea TV here, showing 12021V 22,000.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)