Google announces new services

Looks as... simple as it supposed to be.

Diogen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't NFC more or less common in Europe, Asia and parts of Africa? And mag stripe plastic cr cards going away?

NFC is new tech for gadgets.
Credit card usage in Europe is a fraction of what it is in NA.
Chip based credit cards are there for years.

The biggest question now is: will Apple "invent" something on its
own or make the new iPhone inter-operable with Google NFC stations?

Whoever wins this round of "statistic collection" has a lot to gain...

Diogen.

I will pass on this. Don't want someone to steal my phone and rob me blind.

How long do you think you'll have an option? What do you think would happen if you tried to pass a check in Japan today?

Kicking and screaming, kicking and screaming ........

Oh yes. It is my ultimate goal to give google even more access to my private data. /sarcasm

I hear you. I didn't sign up for Google plus because of that. Thinking about getting rid of Facebook too.

Well for many people, stealing their phone offers that opportunity as it is.

Think of how much private data is in your phone. And with Android, you probably have a google checkout account setup for the market that does not even demand a password when you purchase something. (At least iOS prompts for a password when you purchase in the app store).

Whenever we go mobile with our data, we take risks.

I hear you. I didn't sign up for Google plus because of that. Thinking about getting rid of Facebook too.

And exactly what additional data are you giving google with plus? NOTHING. Just integrating EXISTING google services you probably already have. While Facebook is ticking me off right now, it has to do with user interface, NOT privacy settings. Those have improved dramatically. And Google gives you the same types of controls in plus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts