Google Earth for BUDs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
This morning on ABC's Good Morning America they were boo-hooing about some local governments using Google Earth to "spy" on local residents. :eek:

Somewhere in the northeast the town fined people after seeing swimming pools in the neighborhood that did not have permits.

I was wondering if anybody used Google Earth to find BUDs???

I know after the leaves fall more BUDs seem to appear! Looking around buildings from above might be a great way to find them!!! ;)

Sorry. Can't expect privacy anymore. Maybe when some laws are passed that'll allow us to sue whoever will this stuff be reduced or eliminated.

I wouldnt get too worried, I can tell by the colour of the car in my driveway the view of my house is at least 4 years out of date. My BUD just went up this spring.

I checked some images of my property and they appear to be at least 5 years old. The resolution is so bad I can barely make anything out. They probably have more current higher resolution images not available to the general public, with those they probably can make out what brands of LNBFs I have.

Google just updated the Metro New Orleans area with imagery from mid March. I can narrow it down that closely because of a trailer that was parked next door for only about a week during that time. In the new satellite imagery, PortaBUD is very easily visible, it even casts a nice shadow behind it. My 1 meter Channel Master is also visible on the roof. The resolution appears to be higher than it was for previous imagery, either that or atmospheric conditions were better during this pass.

ESPN Bing Maps I remember when I dove by ESPN as a kid and there was one satellite dish and one small building! Wow times sure have changed.

I've seen pictures of the campus before and thought there was just dish row along one of the buildings. I can see from the link they have more dishes on roofs, dishes in the parking lots among cars, etc.

I'm still amazed ESPN calls a town that seems in the middle of nowhere home. Unless I"m not understanding maps, it seems unconvenient to get to -- maybe 2 hours from NYC and an hour from hartford. Since ESPN still makes home base there, I'm sure there is a convenient way to get talent and workers to/from the campus to do assignments/show up on their specific worknights for the studio shows from their out of state homes, etc.

I've seen pictures of the campus before and thought there was just dish row along one of the buildings. I can see from the link they have more dishes on roofs, dishes in the parking lots among cars, etc.

I'm still amazed ESPN calls a town that seems in the middle of nowhere home. Unless I"m not understanding maps, it seems unconvenient to get to -- maybe 2 hours from NYC and an hour from hartford. Since ESPN still makes home base there, I'm sure there is a convenient way to get talent and workers to/from the campus to do assignments/show up on their specific worknights for the studio shows from their out of state homes, etc.

I have family that lives in Bristol,ct and everyone there is very glad to see ESPN in town.I call it dish island because its a small plot of land like a green between three roads that it started out with and expanded by buying out ajacent land to build on.PS Not hard to get to!One major HWY Rt 84 is not to far and from that you can hit NYC to the south and Boston to the North.

Last edited:
I think those people need a good lawyer. Searching Google Maps for law enforcement might be considered a violation of someone's rights, without a warrant.

The real crime is the laws that prohibit or limit a person who wants to install a satellite dish on his or her OWN PRIVATE PROPERTY. Without these "codes", the aerial photography on Google wouldn't be causing trouble.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts