Google Fiber Looking to Add Phone Services to Bundle

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/Google-Fiber-Looking-to-Add-Phone-Services-to-Bundle-136198

Google Fiber is considering adding phone service to its ultra-fast fiber service bundles. According to the Washington Post, Google appears to have sent out these invites to member's of the company's Google Fiber Trusted Tester program over the last few months. Dubbed Google Fiber Phone, the service appears to incorporate most of the functionality familiar to users of Google Voice, including transcription and integrated cloud technology. There's no word on which cities this is being tested in, whether this will ultimately evolve into a multi-market product offering, or how much it will cost -- and Google Fiber isn't officially commenting on the trial.

Bundles are great if you actually use all of the services but I think that residential phone service is headed into oblivion. I have OOma so I have home phone service for about $5.00 a month. Every tome i look ata Cox or Verizon bundle it soes not really seem to pay----of course they are reticent to tell me what the post promotional rates will be which heightens my skepticism,.

In the end though I seldom use my home phone service if it were much more than it is with Ooma I would drop it completely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)