Google Nexus 7 Tablet

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Nope. Still makes no sense. Other than a some apps and games, I don't think there is a single piece of content available to ipad and Fire users that is not available to Android users... and vice versa.

I do not believe you can download videos to android to watch later from Amazon VOD like you can on kindle fire. On the ipad you can download movies and watch offline.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000742241

Some of us were discussing this at work today. I think the tablet market this fall will shake down to these basic groups: iPad, Android, Windows 8, and all others (in which I consider Kindle and Nook). I don't think we should underestimate MSFT, maybe they can grab a sizable share of the market. I've been considering getting a Toshiba tablet but now this Nexus 7 is changing my thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys App

To me, the big plus with the Nexus 7 will be Jelly Bean with the "Project Butter" improvements. Google finally figured out that instantaneous response to touch is actually important. I finally tried playing with an Ice Cream Sandwich tablet and while it was greatly improved, there were still times that I touched a control and nothing happened for a heartbeat.

$200 for the 7" HD screen and pure Android sounds perfect. I had recommended a Kindle Fire to a coworker a few weeks ago, but now I will tell them to get this instead.

Also, what does this do to iPod Touch sales? Why not get the bigger screen for the same price? This should drive Apple's price point for these "mini-pads" down. If Apple releases a 7" iPod "Caress" they can get away with a Retina display with 16 GB for maybe $300, but they need to be careful about cannibalizing the Next iPad low-end.

Competition; gotta love it!

Last edited:
To me, the big plus with the Nexus 7 will be Jelly Bean with the "Project Butter" improvements. Google finally figured out that instantaneous response to touch is actually important. I finally tried playing with an Ice Cream Sandwich tablet and while it was greatly improved, there were still times that I touched a control and nothing happened for a heartbeat.

$200 for the 7" HD screen and pure Android sounds perfect. I had recommended a Kindle Fire to a coworker a few weeks ago, but now I will tell them to get this instead.

Also, what does this do to iPod Touch sales? Why not get the bigger screen for the same price? This should drive Apple's price point for these "mini-pads" down. If Apple releases a 7" iPod "Caress" they can get away with a Retina display with 16 GB for maybe $300, but they need to be careful about cannibalizing the Next iPad low-end.

Competition; gotta love it!

one of the analyst firms speculates that an ipad mini would cut ipad next sales in a 1:5 ratio, that is for every 5 minis sold they would lose a next sale. but clearly Apples volume would rise dramatically.

I don't recall whether they were suggesting a retail os 299 or 399.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I know Steve Jobs claimed that 7" tablets were too small, but an iPod Touch that was double the current iPod Touch 3.5" would not be an iPad, just a maxed-out iPod. It would also play into the media consumption device market that the Kindle Fire targeted, but I don't think Apple would price it to match the Nexus 7 and Fire. Still, I think Apple needs to drop the current iPod Touch prices by $50 or they will seem out of touch. And if they do, what does that do to the iPod Nano pricing? But these are topics for a different thread.

A good question about how well the Nexus 7 will sell is did the Amazon Fire already collect all of the people who wanted a tablet but didn't want to (or couldn't) pay the iPad admission price?

I am cancelling my nexus 7 pre order today for one small reason...no MHL support for the tablet....I use my tablet to do presentations at work and this is a deal breaker for me...I am sure we will see docks and stuff sold that will enable it, but I need it day one. :( looks like I am sticking with the xoom.

Just saw this get a 5/5 on g4 who loved the device saying it's the closest thing to a ipad replacement mainly due to the price

oh and the lag that android devices seem to have with their screens. It's fixed basically in this tablet and jelly bean

now will this thing work with the sling and the dishonline easy ?

thanks so you just use the web address
i'll have to look into it for sure. I use on my PC the old software installs to watch my dvr via sling.

thanks so you just use the web address
i'll have to look into it for sure. I use on my PC the old software installs to watch my dvr via sling.

I use the slingplayer application. I don't have Dish so I can comment on how it works with their software.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)