Google Play?

eurosport

In Dave Grohl We Trust!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 31, 2008
North Florida
So much to my disappointment, the Android Market on my Droid X has misteriously changed to "google play" ....the big question is will the Market still work the same,
or is this another attempt by Google to fix something that isn't broken? :rant:
I'm not even using it 'till I learn more. Still not even sure what their new "privacy policy" has in store for us......:rolleyes:

Thanks guys. So if I go through with my plans of buying my 2 daughters WI-FI Android tablets for their birthdays, the new market will work OK on them? My sister-in-law said something about making sure the tablets are "Google approved" for the new market. That seemed odd so that's why I posted here. :)

A lot of these cheap $129 no name brand tablets do not have access to the Google Marketplace. So make sure you play with one or research it before buying it.

What Scott said. Although I have been able to add the market on most of those kind of tablets. Check the os version and double check that the market is already on there for your peace of mind.

Google play works fine on my HP Touchpad running 4.0 ICS. And that tablet was never meant to run Android. Runs it perfectly for me though.

Google play formerly android market works nice on the kindle fire.When I saw the update for google play I was looking all over my apps for it thinking it was some kind of google games app.Took a bit to figure out that they changed market.

Google Play is slower on my EVO. Sometimes it will timeout when trying to access the home page or market. I'm in a 3g market and with 4+ bars. It's getting to the point where I don't get on Google Play unless it is necessary.

A lot of these cheap $129 no name brand tablets do not have access to the Google Marketplace. So make sure you play with one or research it before buying it.
I'll bet that those devices, if popular enough to have "root" efforts, are able to gain Market/Play access with a simple edit of the build.prop file. Problem is these devices are so cheap and come and go, developers pay them little attention (and I can't blame them).

I decided on getting my daughters each a Coby 7014. They can take Google Play/Market and are pretty good for the money. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)