Google rumored to be considering online TV service

Exciting times ahead. I stated before in other threads that every 20 years or so we see industry wide changes. Streaming and a-la-carte are destined to the future of "television".
Cost though is key...If I pick 20 a-la-carte channels from google and it ends up being the same price as Dish's Top 250, then why bother... These services need to be lower costs than what we're traditionnaly paying and the variety has to be there as well.

Cheers, K

You may pick your 20 or so from an on line streaming source and save some $$$ but the service provider that delivers you the content will get you for the difference and then some.

They just keep coming,hopefully it will help the customer to save a few bucks.

I'm thinking that most of the service providers..cable companies will just raise the price we pay for internet service...Have you ever known these clowns to lose money? As for a la carte I'd love to see it a reality at a reasonable cost. Maybe some of the crap channels will simply disappear too, since no one will choose them as part of their ala carte package either.

If television today was still based completely on advertising for revenue relying on good content for viewership, then I think the quality of programming may be a bit better in some cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts