Google TV=Discount For Dish Customers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Resulting in it being cheaper to just subscribe to a satco.

Checks and balances, everywhere.

Google should enter the console gaming market. Man I want to work for Google some day.
Good luck getting through the gauntlet of their hiring process. If you get over all of the hurdles, and there are many, you then have to scale walls, roll boulders, and pull a car with your teeth, metaphorically speaking. It verges on the ridiculous.

OTOH, if you are 22, have a stupid haircut, and wear neoprene footware that looks like feet, you may have a chance.

It seems to me if Google TV catches on, it will increase demand for bandwidth, clogging the net to some extend. Performance could degrade and limit it's popularity, etc. But with a download approach, not so much. Live viewing over the Internet would become a problem. Basically, it would seem it could become a major driver for greater growth in bandwidth as great as the last boom.

Another paradigm shift? The next few years will be interesting.

I can see many internet providers start charging more if you use a lot of bandwith. No sense in leaving money on the table, so to speak. Then people will have to choose between paying more for bandwith or doing with out. Unless the government can force more bandwith and wifi, without letting them charge extra for it. IF they aren't regulated, then I see this new technology being choked off due to lack of funds by the subs, who are forced to pay more for more bandwith.

It's already here. With Comcast's 250gb/month limit, they are cutting you off if you exceed that 2 months in a row, and forcing you to a business account. I'm sure other ISP's will not be far behind, especially with more usage coming in the near future.

Hi,

I'm interested in this google tv box but am wondering how to connect it to my 922. My 922 is connected to a pioneer a/v receiver from the HDMI port, then HDMI from the receiver to TV. It seems to me I'm out of ports on the 922.
Is there a way to do this?
Sorry, not so technically savvy.
Appreciate any responses.

Thanks.

Did a little Googleing, because I have the same kind of configuration with my 922 plugged into an Onkyo receiver before reaching a Panasonic HDTV. HDMI CEC 1.3a added a optional feature called, Remote Control Pass Through. That will allow CEC commands to go through an AV Receiver to a device attached on the other side. Hopefully, our AV Receivers support this. I'm not sure where you can look to find out.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Google TV integrated in to the 922 at some point in the near future. For a small fee, of course.

Charlie already said last Charlie chat that the 922 does not have the processor speed to do google built in. So you will need the new vapor ware "923" receiver when it comes out to get built in google. This new 923 was talked about by Charlie himself. So once again you will need another new receiver to have everything . Oh and it will be coming SOON!:rolleyes:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. I would imagine this is going to work on dual tuner DVR's only (for Dish Integration, at least). That is really the only application it makes sense for.

I just did an online chat with a rep and he said it does work. Of course i don't trust what he said. LOL.

I would trust a CSRs knowledge like I would trust that I could stop a speeding bullet coming directly at my heart with my open palm... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts