Any good deals with Dish now?

Sheila

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Houston, TX
Does anyone know of any promotions going on currently with Dish? I'm a current customer, but my 2-year obligation ended months ago.

Right now we have:
America's Top 250 - $64.99
Solo Receiver Fee - $7.00
TV 2 Connection - $5.00
DVR Service - $6.00

Equipment: DuoDVR 625
This is viewed on a 50" HD tv. We pay right under $89 per month.

Are any offerings out there worth signing up for another 2-years?

you look to have the same plan i have, and i see no reason atm to sign up for 2 more years

unless its with direct

Does anyone know of any promotions going on currently with Dish? I'm a current customer, but my 2-year obligation ended months ago.

Right now we have:
America's Top 250 - $64.99
Solo Receiver Fee - $7.00
TV 2 Connection - $5.00
DVR Service - $6.00

Equipment: DuoDVR 625
This is viewed on a 50" HD tv. We pay right under $89 per month.

Are any offerings out there worth signing up for another 2-years?

1 - The TV2 connection fee was discontinued, you should not be charged for that.

2 - The "Solo Receiver Fee" should be a "Lease Fee" instead. (Is this an old bill?)

3 - If you have an HD TV, you should get an HD receiver and "HD For Life". You should contact dishstore.net as they are good at getting you the best possible deal for those things (they will also clear up the other issue about your billing).

1 - The TV2 connection fee was discontinued, you should not be charged for that.

2 - The "Solo Receiver Fee" should be a "Lease Fee" instead. (Is this an old bill?)

3 - If you have an HD TV, you should get an HD receiver and "HD For Life". You should contact dishstore.net as they are good at getting you the best possible deal for those things (they will also clear up the other issue about your billing).

Do you know when the TV2 connection fee was discontinued so I know how much of a credit to ask for?

This information was obtained from my current bill.

Thanks for the recommendation to the dishtore.net. I'm going to check them out today.

She will still have to pay the TV2 fee unless she hooks it up to a phoneline. Being that was the rule when she signed up it stays that way. They got rid of that fee early this year but applies for people who signed up under the new promotion.

What you need to do is call Dish and see what kind of deals they can make for you. If you don't care about renewing a contract then tell them that too. They may offer some free movie channels or some monthly discounts. I have know idea what they will do for sure because they do not advertise it and they have different offers for different quality customers.

There's only a single receiver on the account? First receiver should be included in your base package, so I'm not sure where the $7 Solo Receiver Fee is coming from.

She will still have to pay the TV2 fee unless she hooks it up to a phoneline. Being that was the rule when she signed up it stays that way. They got rid of that fee early this year but applies for people who signed up under the new promotion.

Got it. Thanks for replying.

Significant promotions for existing customers are typically few and far between in the multi-channel TV delivery business. Most involve some manner of commitment extension and/or billing format changes. Many result in some sort of long-term increase in your bill.

If you can't use HD equipment, you're pretty much done.

This all may be a moot point now. I've been with Dish for 10 years and I'm ready to bail.

A rep called the other day to pitch something to me, but I was busy and didn't have time to listen. I called back today to find out what it was and was told we cannot talk to you until you give us one of your smart card numbers.

Seriously? No other way of verifying my account than that? And you have to verify my account in order to pitch me your latest deal? Funny, the guy trying to pitch the deal with me didn't have to verify anything.

Then the little smarty pants turd refused to tell me how I could cancel my account.

I was patient and pleasant on the phone, but this rep was such a jerk. I refuse, absolutely refuse, to pay money to a company to abuse me.

A rep called the other day to pitch something to me, but I was busy and didn't have time to listen. I called back today to find out what it was and was told we cannot talk to you until you give us one of your smart card numbers.
Very interesting. I too have been a Dish customer for over 10 years, and never once did I have a Dish rep ask for these numbers except when it was obviously needed, e.g. trouble with a receiver.

What number did you call? Maybe it wasn't Dish at all.