Any good deals with Dish now?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Very interesting. I too have been a Dish customer for over 10 years, and never once did I have a Dish rep ask for these numbers except when it was obviously needed, e.g. trouble with a receiver.

What number did you call? Maybe it wasn't Dish at all.

I called 800-823-4929.

The rep additionally advised he could not speak with me unless I was calling from my home phone number. I advised him while our home phone was still active, it's only hooked up to our burglar alarm. We don't have a telephone anymore to even plug in. That number has been forwarded to my cell phone for 9 years.

It's ludicrous.

Okay, I just got off the phone with Dish's customer retention department. I spoke with a very nice lady. Before being transferred to her, first-level customer support asked me to confirm my account by answering my secret question. Ha! I'd like to find the first guy I spoke with and give him a good punch.

Anyway, they are offering:
$10 off for 1-year with NO contract (she advised this is good for all long-term customers, so call if you've been with them a while and don't have this. She advised this was the promotion the rep was calling me about earlier in the week)

Free installation, (ETA: free dish upgrade) and upgrade to a 722k HD Dual DVR if I:

• commit to 24 months
$6.00 service charge for the dual DVR (which is what I pay now)

Upgrade to America's Top 250 in HD

There will be no price difference with the new package, but I will be under auto pay and a 24-month commitment.

Would you take this deal or keep the (2) 625's I have with America's Top 250 and no HD?

Last edited:
I can't imagine not having HD.

You know what's funny? I just broke the news to my husband that he hasn't been watching HD for the past year we've had this tv and he's screaming victim. LOL. It's like how can you not know you haven't been watching HD?

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I feel the problem most people have with everything they own is that they never fully learn how to use it. I feel most people don't want to take the time to learn and when there is a problem they just assume to call someone else and figure it out. Being this business has taught me that there are a lot of lazy people out there and feel they are entitled to whatever they want.

I don't want to sound like a jerk but I feel the problem most people have with everything they own is that they never fully learn how to use it. I feel most people don't want to take the time to learn and when there is a problem they just assume to call someone else and figure it out. Being this business has taught me that there are a lot of lazy people out there and feel they are entitled to whatever they want.

Nah, I don't take you as a jerk. I think that's a valid point.

My DH drives me insane because he's a college graduate and a GM Master Tech and an ASE Master Tech (and **thisclose** to being a GM World Tech) who regularly programs car computers, but is a disaster when it comes to our personal electronics.

But then again, when I try to learn something I have no interest in, I'm like an ADD poster child running around doing everything but learning the thing I don't want to learn, so I get him.

There was a discussion on the simple dollar website today about upgrading computers and one commenter posted about the nicely upgraded laptop a customer had with loads of memory, but she couldn't figure out how to sign into her Yahoo IM account.

So yeah, I get what you're saying.

Last edited:
I understand that some things you just can't wrap your brain around. God know I can't. I just wish more people tried. I always like trying to figure it out on my own first before I have to ask. Just hate bothering others with something I should be able to do.

My inlaws have HD through their cable company and yet they watch the regular SD versions and think the bpicgture looks great. I showed them where the HD versions were(9000 channel range) and then the next time I went by, they were back watching the SD channels. Hummm!

My inlaws have HD through their cable company and yet they watch the regular SD versions and think the bpicgture looks great. I showed them where the HD versions were(9000 channel range) and then the next time I went by, they were back watching the SD channels. Hummm!

LOL! That sounds about right.

Agree with Navy. Go for the HD. And I speak as a former 625 owner who 1st bought himself a 42" HDTV and then a 722. Can't understand your hubby; he must be half blind! Buying that first 42" put my family on a slippery slope to a whole-house HD upgrade. Nobody wanted to watch our older TVs any longer, nor our SD receivers once I got a 722.

Okay, I just got off the phone with Dish's customer retention department. I spoke with a very nice lady. Before being transferred to her, first-level customer support asked me to confirm my account by answering my secret question. Ha! I'd like to find the first guy I spoke with and give him a good punch.

Anyway, they are offering:
$10 off for 1-year with NO contract (she advised this is good for all long-term customers, so call if you've been with them a while and don't have this. She advised this was the promotion the rep was calling me about earlier in the week)

Free installation and upgrade to a 722k HD Dual DVR if I:

• commit to 24 months
$6.00 service charge for the dual DVR (which is what I pay now)

Upgrade to America's Top 250 in HD

There will be no price difference with the new package, but I will be under auto pay and a 24-month commitment.

Would you take this deal or keep the (2) 625's I have with America's Top 250 and no HD?
Get them to throw in the OTA module (MT2) and the dish upgrade for free in the deal and it will be a pretty nice deal.

Get them to throw in the OTA module (MT2) and the dish upgrade for free in the deal and it will be a pretty nice deal.

Whoops, I forgot to mention it comes with the free upgrade. I'll go edit my post.

I haven't called back to take them up on their offer, but I will ask them to throw that in (and thanks for the link!).

Agree with Navy. Go for the HD. And I speak as a former 625 owner who 1st bought himself a 42" HDTV and then a 722. Can't understand your hubby; he must be half blind! Buying that first 42" put my family on a slippery slope to a whole-house HD upgrade. Nobody wanted to watch our older TVs any longer, nor our SD receivers once I got a 722.

I can't understand him either. I bought him a nice 50" last year. He had been wanting an HD forever. I never understood why he wanted one since we didn't have HD programming, but then again, I didn't realize he didn't know we didn't have it until today.

I don't get how anyone couldn't know they weren't watching TV in HD.

I just got off the phone with Dish's cancellation department and I accepted their offer. Some interesting things happened:
1. They threw in the OTA module for free and are shipping it Second Day UPS. Thanks for that suggestion, Voyager!

2. Earlier they said I was a "valued customer" and offered me a $10 discount each month for a year with no obligation. When I called back, the offer increased to $15/month for a year and $5/month off for each year after that.

3. They also gave me a free year of the "Platinum Package."

4. We have a downstairs living room TV we never use. They are upgrading that 301 to a VIP 211k and waiving the monthly $7 fee.
I have to say I'm pretty pleased right now. Thanks everyone for your input and the convo on this!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts