Coming back to D* from Uverse, any good deals to know about?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mkatts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
So I had D* for 8 years. Loved it. I worked a for company owned by AT&T. Found out I could get a 49% discount off of U-verse. So with the U400 package, 6 meg Inet and unlimited local/LD VOIP costs me about $80 a month.
But you get what you pay for I guess.
I don't mean to turn this into a discussion about who's better. Just stating my reason for switching back.
My only question here is who should I talk to at D* and what should I be saying/asking to get a good deal?
I had 2 HD DVR's before. Each of which I shelled out $399. I sent them back right away when I canceled. Now that I would like to come back, I have to pay that fee all over again. Seems like they would make some consession since I am a returning customer who was in good standing when I left. But I called and the best the guy could do was give me the standard $12 off for the first 12 months.
Any suggestions?

So I had D* for 8 years. Loved it. I worked a for company owned by AT&T. Found out I could get a 49% discount off of U-verse. So with the U400 package, 6 meg Inet and unlimited local/LD VOIP costs me about $80 a month.
But you get what you pay for I guess.
I don't mean to turn this into a discussion about who's better. Just stating my reason for switching back.
My only question here is who should I talk to at D* and what should I be saying/asking to get a good deal?
I had 2 HD DVR's before. Each of which I shelled out $399. I sent them back right away when I canceled. Now that I would like to come back, I have to pay that fee all over again. Seems like they would make some consession since I am a returning customer who was in good standing when I left. But I called and the best the guy could do was give me the standard $12 off for the first 12 months.
Any suggestions?

Ask to speak to retentions they also have winback offers if you have not been too long i think no loger then 24 months.

My wife found an online add to through MyPoints too where they are offering a free HD DVR. So I think I should have pressed a little harder.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)