New HR-23-700 Receiver Hookup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatBuf

Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
SouthWest
Hi,

I have a new HR23 HD DVR receiver and I want to know if I can hook it up to a slimline AU9 dish. This dish has the AU9 LNB with the 4 outputs. I beleive this to be the non SWM LNB? Do I just hook two of the outputs from the LNB to the two inputs to the receiver? Or do I need a Zinwell WB68 switch or a power inserter? Seems I don't need the power inserter because the LNB is probably not the SWM type. I want to use my older slimline dish for the HD DVR receiver while using my travel trailer. Which will be the only receiver that I will be using with this dish...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

SatBuf

If you have for coax connections on the LNB then it is not a SWM LNB, just run two cables directly from the LNB to your HR23 (no B-Band converters needed on the HR23).

How many receivers do you have.. If you have more than four tuners then you will need a 6x8 multiswitch.

Tuners

There will only be 1 receiver hooked to this dish, the new HR-23/700. What dish type do I select in the receiver setup? There is also a switch setting? I assume "multiswitch" is correct since the only other selection is SWM which is for the LNB with only 1 coax?

Thanks
BUF

With that dish you will need two lines connected to the HR23 in order to use dual tuner capability. If you need more than 4 lines then an additional multiswitch will need to be added. Select either the 5LNB or 3LNB dish in the setup. It will determine if there is another switch in the system.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts