Former customer considering a return. Same good deals for a return as for new?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dem372

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2005
I left DTV about a year ago. The lure of the Uverse whole home dvr was too much to resist. Well, now I see that D has the whole home dvr, and I am strongly considering a return.

I have seen the awesome deals listed for new customers with the free WHDVR and other HD receivers, as well as the money off per month.

I am wondering, has anyone else returned to DTV after a short period of time, and if so, were you able to snag the same deal that the "new" customers were getting?

Call them and see what you can get. Maybe being humble and telling them how much you regret switching might work.

You might want to look into the WinBack program. You may already have Directv fliers coming to your house. They use your old account # as a confirmation #. You may qualify for the 12 month $21 discount or better.

As long as you're not trying to re-use an older existing DVR, you should be getting new equipment but make sure you ask for the SWiM/DECA with Internet Connection Kit (ICK may be verified on your pending install ticket).

Call Directv and ask for the WinBack department; the number has been posted here before but gets removed by request of Directv.

thanks for the replies. I just got the "come back" letter in the mail today, but I think it was an older flyer because it didn't mention the WH DVR or any equipment discounts.

Just curious, how do they track "new" customers. Is it by address or by name/ssn? I was thinking, maybe I will just have my wife sign up online for the account with her name and info.

Thanks again...

I could be wrong but I think it's the telephone number. 1st question asked!

ah, but thats an easy one. We use our cell phones. No home phone. So the number would be different. I would think the address might set off some warnings, as well as the old dish on the roof, but whose to say we didn't get divorced and she wants her own account now. Who knows.

thanks for the replies. I just got the "come back" letter in the mail today, but I think it was an older flyer because it didn't mention the WH DVR or any equipment discounts.

Just curious, how do they track "new" customers. Is it by address or by name/ssn? I was thinking, maybe I will just have my wife sign up online for the account with her name and info.

Thanks again...

Its by SSN and sometime phone number.

P.S. Winbacks does not have a number. There are time were Directv will setup a number for a specific offer for a specific time frame say 2 months and then it no longer works.

call the 800-531-5000 you will get a billing agent asked to be xfer to the "Reconnects" department they handle all winback offers.

P.S. Winbacks does not have a number. There are time were Directv will setup a number for a specific offer for a specific time frame say 2 months and then it no longer works.

call the 800-531-5000 you will get a billing agent asked to be xfer to the "Reconnects" department they handle all winback offers.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts