Google TV Integration

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drwatson618

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I was pretty sure that Google TV integration was not compatible with the Hopper, just as it wasn't with the 922, but I see something intriguing on my account. When I look at my equipment, 1 Hopper and 2 Joeys say "not available" under Logitech Revue Integrated. The Hopper with the Review hooked up to it says "Not Enabled." Does anyone have any info on this?

In the ATM meetings, The plan discussed was to not include Logitech Revue integration with the Hopper and Joey system. Not sure if that includes future advancements on Google's behalf, to include support for the receiver.
However i have noticed some slight identifications in the menu of the Revue. It says XIP813 but it will not connect of coarse.

I cant see dish moving in that direction with the Hopper because of the upcoming apps and the seek and record feature. The only thing I use the revue for now is a keyboard.

The revue still controls it via IR. So, no need for integration really. Use the $4/mo for the WH fee.

It would be nice if Dish enabled the DRA app to work with GTV, though.

That would be nice. I've never had integration (since mine was hooked up to the 922). There is so much potential there, but once again the technology has been abandoned. Could you imagine integrated Google TV with seek and record?

Could you imagine integrated Google TV with seek and record?
It's entirely possible without integration. It should be doable via IR. You would just need the right app. The TV and Movies app is a good start.

But, if the DRA app was GTV-compatible, or DO was vailable thru the GTV browser, that would pretty much do it, wouldn't it? (As long as you also had a Sling Adapter attached, of course.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)