Programming Question - Install tomorrow, MAYBE!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

taminloudon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2012
NH
So I'm new to dish...Quick question about programming guide info. I signed up for 120+ package. Install tomorrow...

I search the online programming guide for specific MLS game, and I get the following back. The game is being broadcast live on CSNNE on both HD and non HD, but from the looks of this Dish will only have the game live on TEAM8. So my question is two part. What is TEAM8, I don't see it in the channel listing for 120+, is it just a funky dish only channel that I will get anyway? Is this "delayed by one day" for CSNNE content a regular thing?
If I can't watch live CSNNEHD content, only the day after I am going to have to cancel this install in the morning! Any insight is appreciated!

• Sat
  • 3/17
  • 8:30-10:30pm
  • TEAM8
    • Live
    [*=right]
  • Sun
  • 3/18
  • 2:00-4:00pm
  • CSNNE
    [*=right]
  • Sun
  • 3/18
  • 2:00-4:00pm
  • CSNNEHD

• [*=right]

A bit more information would be helpful. But based on a few assumptions, you are trying to find the Revs v Sporting KC game, which is on Saturday at 7:30 PM. The Revs' website notes the game will be on CSN NE. I don't know about why Dish would say the game was in HD on a tape replay. Almost any replay is shown in SD. But if the game is on live, it should be on CSN NE, though possibly an alternate CSN NE channel if something is on at the same time. You are out of NH, so you should get the game.

That is correct. If you look for MLS game on 17th of March you will see the info I posted. Reading this indicates that Dish will not be showing it live on either CSNNE channel, but live on TEAM 8 channel 568 in my case. So what is TEAM8? Why doesn't it show as live on the CSNNE channel?

568 is right in the middle of the NBA League Pass channels so dont know why a soccer game would be on there

I checked my Directv guide and its not on NESN or NESN+ or CSN NE but on a MLS channel. Its a PPV package.

MLS Direct Kick presents up to 233 Major League games during the regular season, plus select playoff games. Order MLS Direct Kick right now for 1 payment of only $79.00

The NESN must be the replay

Last edited:
You can see why I'm confused then! Can someone that actually has service in NE area verify that there is indeed an MLS game on CSNNEHD tomorrow? Don't mean to be a pain, but before I get install tomorrow I would like to try to figure out if CSNNE is for some reason not carried "live", but delayed or if this is just a programming guide error on the site.

No it is not, the Celtics will be on CSNNE Saturday night. The MLS game will be on Sunday night 8:30PM on the regular CSNNE channel. It does not appear to be in HD. Also do not see it on 568.

It's on Channel 440 not the regular CSNNE channel LIVE Saturday. Does not appear to be in HD.

Last edited:
The game is on CSN NE, according to the Rev's website.

It does not appear to be in HD. Also do not see it on 568. But why would this be on live for free anywhere?
It is a CSN NE game and he lives in CSN NE territory. The person wants to watch the MLS game that should be shown in his territory.
It's on Channel 440 not the regular CSNNE channel
Could it be an alternate CSN NE channel because of the programming conflict?

Yes, I had to refresh the CSNNE website, they did not have it listed till recently apparently.

Looks like its on an alternate channel....per the team website

Saturday’s match against Sporting Kansas City will be televised on Comcast SportsNet alternate channels throughout New England beginning at 8:30 p.m. ET.

Comcast Cable: 85
Cox Communications: RI- 3 & 1003, CT-1128
DISH TV: 440
Full Channel: 180
Shrewsbury: 309
Time Warner Cable of NE: 1998 - NH, ME, Athol & Orange MA
RCN: 600
DirectTV: 695
Verizon FioS: MLS Direct Kick 8 vc 1497
Charter: 341

Craziness I tell you! So I saw the alternate channel thing. Not positive the 120+ package has 440, but it looks like it does. Called BIGTEN. If you look that up in the guide for that time and date it does not show that game.It shows "College Track and Field". Is this just a case of something being bumped to another channel, which in turn is bumping something else? i.e. NBA bumps MLS, bumps College programming on 440? I spoke with a customer service rep just now who said if I wanted to watch this MLS game on 568 as shown in the guide it would be pay per-view! Yeah... She also said that once service is installed, there is no "return policy" i.e. cancel in 14 days, pay install fee, and service fees and your out. I will be very disappointed if this type of thing happens every week. The real issue here other than possibly not being able to see live, is that recording the game based on the guide won't work because of the way things are bumped around it isn't showing in the guide for the live date. The dvr won't see it in the guide until the next day, and record it then. So I guess I still don't know if I will be able to watch this game live... :(

It is on channel 440 in my guide, which is one of the RSN Alternate channels. It is listed as csnnne alt in the guide info for Rev vs Sporting KC and it is SD. There are a lot of NBA games on the rsn's tomorrow evening. If the Celtics are on CSNNe then soccer got bumped to the Alt channel and SD.

Sent from my HTC Flyer

It is already listed in my guide on channel 440. There is no doubt at all - MLS will ALWAYS be bumped to an alternate channel if the Celtics are playing. That has nothing to do with Dish, in fact none of this does other than they may not show it in HD.

Sometimes you need to have some patience with the sports broadcast schedule.
If you think this was confusing wait until the end of hockey season when the redsox get bumped to the NESN alternate. Sometimes it canbe real confusing to figure out which channel the game you want to watch is on

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Would setting a timer to record all new Revs games work at netting games on any channel (including alternates) to help remove this sort of anxiety?

Well like I said I don't have service yet, so I just wanted to understand how it works. The online guide doesn't show it on 440 so to me it looked like is just wasn't on. Trust me I understand that soccer in the US takes a back seat to tennis if it comes down to it! Very frustrating. Anyway thanks for all the input. I was worried about being locked into a two year contract tomorrow morning, and then never being able to see any of the games I want.
Does anyone have an answer to the scheduled recording question? If these kind of bumps happen will the dvr, hopper on this case be able to follow that and still record them?

Yes there is a timer that records or switches to whatever channel the program you want is on. At least present receivers do I'm guessing the Hopper does, but I can't say 100% for sure.

More people should ask questions about something that is important to them before signing....

Well never really figured it out. Installed today. When I use search for "mls" it found the game on alternate channel. When I told it to record all new instances, it scheduled the game being broadcast on csnne tomorrow, with nothing about the live game on alt tonight. I had to manually set tonight's game on alt channel. Hard to tell if this will become a problem because all other listings in future are on regular channel. Just going to have to keep an eye on it.

Ugh. So my manual recording of the live broadcast, that was listed in the guide turned out to be 2 hours of a dish symbol and some nice jazz music. So no the game was just not available live on the date is was being played. Not happy. Furthermore I searched for mls, and Told the hopper to record all new events only. The hopper recorded the first thing it saw... Repeat the following day at 2pm. Then recorded a second repeat a few hours later on the same channel. Nice! Both in sd. Dish shows CSNNE as available in HD, but both repeated showings were recorded in sd. If I look at a game being played next weekend it appears to be in sd again. Although listed on the same channel as the CSNNE HD.

If I tune into CSNNE HD channel is just shows a dish logo with music. What is going on here? Really, really going to be pissed if this channel is always in sd when they list it as being available in HD.

That completely sucks. Sorry that it happened. As I noted, it is very rare for a repeat to be shown in HD.

The Dish Recvr is usually good when it comes to not recording the same thing twice, but it has done that on occasion with an EPL game for some reason.

Instead of looking for MLS, I'd do a timer that looks for "Revs" or "Revolution", and tell it to search the info, not merely the title. FYI, if you can handle spanish commentating, I believe Univision covers an MLS game or two a week, that is in HD, and it is gorgeous HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)