Programming Question - Install tomorrow, MAYBE!

For anyone having issues with this after just signing up. Dish lied to you. See image. The website indicates that NESN, and CSNNE is available in HD, and that the same content is displayed on both channels all the time. This is not the case. These two channels are only in HD during certain games. All other times there is a Dish wallpaper saying check back. False Advertising at it's best.
Screen Shot 2012-03-20 at 9.58.39 AM.png

For anyone having issues with this after just signing up. Dish lied to you. See image. The website indicates that NESN, and CSNNE is available in HD, and that the same content is displayed on both channels all the time. This is not the case. These two channels are only in HD during certain games. All other times there is a Dish wallpaper saying check back. False Advertising at it's best.
View attachment 75501

Most everyone here knows the RSN's aren't in HD fulltime on DISH. When the Bruins/Sox/Celtics are playing live the game is almost always available on the HD channel. Not sure about the Revs, I've never watched a single game. And sometimes as seasons overlap the teams are playing at the same time. One of them will get pushed to an alternate channel which may or may not be in HD.

It's supposedly due to bandwidth limitations and has been going on ever since DISH started offering the RSN's in HD. Full time HD RSN's are one of the most requested things in this forum. DISH just moved a bunch of stuff off the 61.5° satellite. We can dream that possibly they'll use part of the room and start offering NESN and CSNNE fulltime "soon". I wouldn't bet on it, but it's a possibility.

JayStil said:
Most everyone here knows the RSN's aren't in HD fulltime on DISH. When the Bruins/Sox/Celtics are playing live the game is almost always available on the HD channel. Not sure about the Revs, I've never watched a single game. And sometimes as seasons overlap the teams are playing at the same time. One of them will get pushed to an alternate channel which may or may not be in HD.

It's supposedly due to bandwidth limitations and has been going on ever since DISH started offering the RSN's in HD. Full time HD RSN's are one of the most requested things in this forum. DISH just moved a bunch of stuff off the 61.5° satellite. We can dream that possibly they'll use part of the room and start offering NESN and CSNNE fulltime "soon". I wouldn't bet on it, but it's a possibility.

If you are new to dish and the marketing materials don't explain the part time nature of RSNs you wouldn't be asking. It appears that there is a sample schedule on the web that indicates full time HD. I have not looked for it but if it is on the dish network web site as posted here with no caveat then it is misleading.
NESN does carry soccer, the Sox owners also own a British soccer club, but those games are SD. If a new sub was expecting to see these games in HD, based on the web site info, I can see why that person would be upset.
Personaly as long as the Red Sox are in HD for the live broadcast, I really don't care that much about the other programming on NESN. Not that the shows are bad I just don't have time to watch anything more than I do already...

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROIDX (Liberty Gingerbread) using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)