Google TV out Android TV in (with pictures)

DustoMan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 9, 2010
Sparta, Wisconsin, United States
The Verge has a story up about a leaked document they were given that talks about what Android TV actually is and the direction that Google is going to take with it. This is the successor to GoogleTV. A product that I've been a fan of, but because of TV industry politics, half-baked hardware and software, and less than ideal developer support, it's not done so well. Google hopes to change that with Android TV - A much more traditional take on the set top box. This time with apps that people are expecting and no integration with TV. (Thanks for the freak out guys.)

android-tv-theverge-3_1020.jpg

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/5/5584604/this-is-android-tv

Now I'm miffed that I bought a useless never-upgraded Revue that has now been abandoned, not just by Logitech, but also by Google. Or is GoogleTV going to remain a viable platform in parallel with this thing?

This time with apps that people are expecting and no integration with TV.

My Revue had lots of apps; maybe not a huge number as for phones or tablets... And what do you mean by "no integration with TV"? What are you supposed to plug it into, if not a TV? Do you mean "no integration with Dish receivers"? I refused to pay for that feature so I never knew how good or bad or confusing it was.

Now I'm miffed that I bought a useless never-upgraded Revue that has now been abandoned, not just by Logitech, but also by Google. Or is GoogleTV going to remain a viable platform in parallel with this thing?

My Revue had lots of apps; maybe not a huge number as for phones or tablets... And what do you mean by "no integration with TV"? What are you supposed to plug it into, if not a TV? Do you mean "no integration with Dish receivers"? I refused to pay for that feature so I never knew how good or bad or confusing it was.

I think they mean it won't be a overlay where it sits in between your TV and cable /sat box I kinda liked that. I love my costar but it to just alot of the apps wernt there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)