Google TV

So anyone actually try their google tv with the hopper? I need my google tv but dont need the direct integration. I just need to know if the google tv can control the receiver through the ir blaster.

I have the Sony Google TV and it does work through the IR codes. I even get movies that are on, programs, etc. When I select something it transmits the channel number through IR. Works about 90% of the time.

I just setup my Google TV with my Hopper. I originally had it hooked up to a ViP 722. I'm glad I found this thread as I was going to sell the Google TV. Works perfectly when I changed the setup to ViP 922 DVR as my Dish receiver.

The 922 and Hopper will not integrate so the $4 fee isn't necessary. The guide and DVR integration is what will be lacking but with the IR enabled on the 922/Hopper, the keyboard will control it. It works fine, it just isn't 100% integrated like on the other VIP models.

With the hopper programmed, you have 100% access to the DVR with IR only. Search results via the Logitech prime time app work flawlessly, however, search and future record anything on later gives a window instructing you to find and record it manually. Major evidence of the lack of integration, IMHO.

HBO Go integrates perfectly.. I searched for Boardwalk Empire and I was recognized as an HBO sub and offered free stream of all seasons... Major win.

The only thing lacking is the instant timer setting.. Everything else seems completely copacetic... Via IR Blaster, that is.

GoogleTV WORKS with Hopper!

I reset my GoogleTV (logitec revue) to factory defaults and Integration works great with Hopper!!

I began the Setup , when it asked what model my Receiver is, I chose "not on the list"
and typed in Vip 922, went through the whole setup and it works!

my Revue integrates with the hopper. I can use the GoogleTV Wireless KB to change channels on my Hopper as well as Acess to the hopper GUIDE works from the Google TV. Woooo!

pass the word on! Google TV Integrates with Hopper!

I don't think it does FULL Integration because you don't see the shows on your external hard drive with video art ,like you could the 722k and full integration. You can set it up to control the hopper and even the joey ,but you don't get the "full" integration and you don't pay the fee for it either.

Yes. You are controlling your Hopper with the Revue. You are not integrating the two together. That being said, the former is good enough for most people. It was good enough for me when I used my Revues that way. But, I ended up just running them as source devices unto themselves, not passing the DVR outputs through them. And, eventually, boxing them up, and replacing them with a couple of old netbooks, which work much better as Slingplayers and web browsers.

I should probably list them in the classifieds forum.

I have a Vizio Co-Star GoogleTV device hooked up to the Joey in my bedroom, and I love it. While it may not be the FULL integration, it has a wonderful U/I, especially the Google PrimeTime quick guide that displays full cover art when searching for movies, TV shows, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)