Google Web Accelerator is no longer available for download

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
We're sorry, but Google Web Accelerator is no longer available for download.

This is the message you get if you go to download google accelerator from the google website. I wonder why they have chosen to do this? I can get the download from another site and am going to save the file just in case.

I wonder if this means that they will discontinue the functionality of this software in the future on those computers currently running it? What does this say about their software? If they discontinue this then what else will they discontinue eventually?

Does this mean that they are going to come out with accelerator only for their web browser and perhaps just make it built into theirs or is it in their web browser already? I've heard reports of the web browser being faster than the others.

Does this mean that they are going to come out with accelerator only for their web browser and perhaps just make it built into theirs or is it in their web browser already? I've heard reports of the web browser being faster than the others.

I'm using it now. It is very lean and very fast. It uses very little ram, and makes the most of my resources. I really like Chrome. I've had it as my default browser for a few weeks.