Got a download "upgrade"... HD-DVR erased

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HDinCincy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Cincinnati, USA
Got home this evening and turned on TV to see the HR-20 display "you have a new download with exciting new features." Long story short, I hit "continue" and then went to my list and it was completely cleared. Now I didn't have a ton of stuff on it but this is the second time the EXACT same thing happened. Called D* both times and they have NO IDEA why that happened. Has anyone else received the "upgrade" and then had all items on the hard drive disappear??? How in the he** could this happen and D* have no idea what happened?:cool:

man that bites, IDK what type of equipment you have but I use my USB port just for this kind of situation.

Got home this evening and turned on TV to see the HR-20 display "you have a new download with exciting new features." Long story short, I hit "continue" and then went to my list and it was completely cleared. Now I didn't have a ton of stuff on it but this is the second time the EXACT same thing happened. Called D* both times and they have NO IDEA why that happened. Has anyone else received the "upgrade" and then had all items on the hard drive disappear??? How in the he** could this happen and D* have no idea what happened?:cool:

I have not come across anything like that before.

Jimbo

I've heard of it happening with the CEs but not with a national release.

Happened to me once but it was only on my -100, the -700 never did happen.

Got an update, and all my recorded shows were gone, 100%.

Called D* and they said it is rare, but it does happen.

If the software sees something it does not like on the drive, it reformats it. No warning, no option to override, nothing.

Pissed me off plenty!

I had the same thing happen on my first hr20.
Something told me to reset the receiver and guess what they were back in the playlist

I had the same thing happen to me once before on my -700. this was a national release, not a CE release. This happened several months ago.

I had the same thing happen on my first hr20.
Something told me to reset the receiver and guess what they were back in the playlist

Hi and thanks for the responses. I just did a reset and nada... if it EVER happens again, I'll do a reset immediately - before I even hit the "continue" on the screen. BTW, as far as I know this is a standard HR20-100 box. It's only been installed 90 days. Boy I really wish that reset had worked :mad:

Hi and thanks for the responses. I just did a reset and nada... if it EVER happens again, I'll do a reset immediately - before I even hit the "continue" on the screen. BTW, as far as I know this is a standard HR20-100 box. It's only been installed 90 days. Boy I really wish that reset had worked :mad:

Yikes that sucks! Now I understand that losing your DVR'd shows stinks, but, I think you may have even a bigger problem, have you ummm, noticed the shape of your head?:p

So real insurance will be provided if you :
- have external eSATA disk
- before press continue will disconnect eSATA cable and then update FW
- reboot updated DVR with eSATA disk reconnected.

Yikes that sucks! Now I understand that losing your DVR'd shows stinks, but, I think you may have even a bigger problem, have you ummm, noticed the shape of your head?:p
Thanks for noticing;)

Forum grazers with a recent edition iMac and Photobooth (included in the basic pkg.) knoweth from whence that photo came. I've seen grown-ups wet themselves in the midst of uncontrollable fits of laughter while using the program. But alas, I digress....

I still have no programs on my DVR hard drive:mad:

So real insurance will be provided if you :
- have external eSATA disk
- before press continue will disconnect eSATA cable and then update FW
- reboot updated DVR with eSATA disk reconnected.

Thats what I would do :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)