Got a letter from Dish...two actually...

You already have two receivers you can be recording on. Why do you have to use the 522? IMO, they are offering you a good deal. Start watching what in is on it. Stop recording on it. You just need to make some habit adjustments.

I can't remember if you can use an EHD on the models of DVR's you have, but if you can, you could buy a cheap EHD and transfer your recordings to it, then put them on to the new DVR from the EHD. There is no longer an activation fee for using the EHD.

If they don't have the ability to use the EHD, that's another advantage to upgrading.

No - the two receivers that will be replaced (522/508) do not have the EHD capability. Why do we have them? The 522 is used to record certain shows when there are more than 4 shows on at the same time that we enjoy. The 508 is the one we record on to take back and forth to our trailer that we want to watch if we have down time without missing them being recorded at home. (only costs us $7 a month for the 508 so worth the convience to us)

I wrote to the CEO office and recieved a call back in less then 2 hours! They are going to schedule it as two seperate visits. While I had the person who called on the phone I asked more questions about the location in the sky of the EA receivers compared to 110/118/61.5 He took the time to explain it to me which was great! He also mentioned the overall plan to have all gear in a household either all HD or all SD, and that any new customers on the EA must have HD receivers.

Originally when I call the other day I was told the schedule was out at least 2 weeks - I now have an installer coming on Thursday. So all in all DISH once again came through with good customer service.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts