Got A New Dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Blindowl1234

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2008
SouthWest Ohio
Well folks, I got a new dish sort of....I used the mount etc...from my old 6 foot Fortec and switched to Fortec 8 foot panels. Yesterday the winds were about 35 miles an hour while I was doing it. Now all I have to do is get rid of the old 8.f ft Paraclipse and I'll be down to 1-KU 30" and 1-8 Ft Cband/KU. The signal quality improved 5-10 points. On 103W I never could get the PBS or the DW...now get both. The D.Republic stuff on 116W is solid now too. No RTV on 87w though on either TP....bounces 9-10% on the Sathawk. Oh well I happy with it. Now we'll see whats next....Blind

Here's the picture.....Blind

Attachments

• New Dish 013.JPG
    New Dish 013.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 286
Cool, do you like the solid dishes?
I wish mine was on the ground where I could get to it, do the trees you can see in the back ground of the photo interfere with your signal at all?
Terry

TMair, I like the solid dish myself. I'm getting to old at 51 to handle anything too big by myself lol...The trees in the picture luckily are to my extreme west. I have that many more to my east as well. I'm glad most of my southern sky is free of trees though. The ones on my property got cut down by me...lol..Anything farther east, than 72West on a regular basis is iffy. Well I adjusted the lnb a few hours ago and noticed an even better signal. I tried some Ku stuff on it on 125W PBS. I'm better off using my 30" KU for that. Blind

3.5" O.D I believe. It's the mount that Sadoun sells. The dish is about 12-15" or so above the ground at 137West....87West is my true south. I wasn't sure that pole would work it being so short. It's anchored with 6-lead anchors and (6) 3/8" leg screws that are about 2"long. The concrete pad is the old concrete top from an old patio table. I found it in the weeds when we moved here five years ago....Blind

TMair, I like the solid dish myself. I'm getting to old at 51 to handle anything too big by myself lol...The trees in the picture luckily are to my extreme west. I have that many more to my east as well. I'm glad most of my southern sky is free of trees though. The ones on my property got cut down by me...lol..Anything farther east, than 72West on a regular basis is iffy. Well I adjusted the lnb a few hours ago and noticed an even better signal. I tried some Ku stuff on it on 125W PBS. I'm better off using my 30" KU for that. Blind

I know what you mean, I'm 52, 53 in a few months, my 7.5' dish is mounted above my roof, neighbors to the south decide to grow the next national forest, I hate climbing up on the roof, then loosening the dish to swing it around so I can work on it.
I have a couple of 10 footers I am going to ressurect one of them further north and see if I can clear the trees from there.
Terry

Thanks Ice, Works pretty good. Noticable improvement I get AMG no problem. OETA etc on 125W now, DW on 103W, I couldn't get them before. Husker/Nebraska comes in on 89W but no other PBS there. I only get 9-10% on the RTN/RTV stuff on 87W...cant' lock it no matter what. The wife said I thought you were downsizing? It's as big as the Paraclipse was...lol...I took down two KU dishes I told her. Blind

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)