Got BUD today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I picked my BUD today.... a little disappointed though... I thought it was a 6 footer... turned out to be a 5 footer! It had a 65 degree LNA on it. I plan on replacing it with a Dual C-band LNB from SatelliteAV.

Would it still pull in AMC 4 and AMC 1 ok?

You may get some interference between the 2 sats , all you can do is try it and see.
I had my 5'dish on c-band for awhile (when Fox news was on G11 it worked great on that) But, the size will def cause you some problems with adjacent satellite interference. Tweak it good as you can , will be a fun thing to play around with.

Thanks turbosat,

What is adjacent satellite interference?

Many sats are only 2 degrees apart . I have been told , all things being equal , the bigger the dish , the " sharper the focus " . The dish can " look " at one sat and not pick up the sat to the east and the west of it ( which would cause interfierence ) .

But , I say go for it . :)

Nothing ventured , nothing gained .

Wyr

I picked my BUD today.... a little disappointed though... I thought it was a 6 footer... turned out to be a 5 footer! It had a 65 degree LNA on it. I plan on replacing it with a Dual C-band LNB from SatelliteAV.

Would it still pull in AMC 4 and AMC 1 ok?

Give the 65 degree LNB a try , you might be supprised .

You have an analog receiver to go with it ?

Wyr

I don't have a working analog receiver. It has a 65 degree LNA with one of those huge cables to connect it to the block down converter...

adjacent satellite interference basically means you can get 2 satellites at once if the signals are strong. Also it can sxcrew up the weaker signals.

Example....I have my 6 footer at G4/G16 for the nets but I can get BYU TV on IA5 next door very weakly but it can come in. ALso analog can be wacky as I get some channels from IA5. It looks like picking up a very distant weak UHF station but I know the channel is there.

Its great for tinkering with and you should be able to get AMC4 & AMC1 pretty well. Like I say, I can get TLN, CTN and Pax/ion on my offset LNB that is at AMC1. Yes its very weak (30-35 on the Pansat) but its rock solid stable

Thanks Ice you have given me some encouragement. I think I may just aim it at AMC1 it does have a hand crank on it. So I may use it to crank it to other satellites.

I do have a heavy duty Von Wiese (sp?) actuator.... I took it off of my 8ft c-band dish before I stupidly donated to some one for an art project.... a few years ago, before I found out what good use I could have put it to.

adjacent satellite interference basically means you can get 2 satellites at once if the signals are strong. Also it can sxcrew up the weaker signals.

Example....I have my 6 footer at G4/G16 for the nets but I can get BYU TV on IA5 next door very weakly but it can come in. ALso analog can be wacky as I get some channels from IA5. It looks like picking up a very distant weak UHF station but I know the channel is there.

Its great for tinkering with and you should be able to get AMC4 & AMC1 pretty well. Like I say, I can get TLN, CTN and Pax/ion on my offset LNB that is at AMC1. Yes its very weak (30-35 on the Pansat) but its rock solid stable

I don't have a working analog receiver. It has a 65 degree LNA with one of those huge cables to connect it to the block down converter...

So , you are going to hook it up to a digital FTA receiver ?

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)