Got burned by a member here.....beware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thomas34461usa

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
That s-2 kit I bought from ebay is the wrong board.
I looked at pics of the "Fish network" s-2 board that the hacker sell on ebay.
It has only one RF port instead of two.

The true FTA board from pansat has two RF connectors.

!@@$%^&%**%@!!!........I contacted the seller "Tvtoyz" on ebay for a return.

I wanted the true FTA s-2 kit for my pansat 9200HD.:mad::mad:

You know.....Its just another reason to hate what the hackers do. If they didn't do this crap, those bogus boards wouldn't be floating around for people who sell them that don't know the difference to pass along to people like us claiming their products are something they are NOT.
Truckracer,
I feel for you, you put trust in somebody and expect what they say or sell would be right! Then they send the wrong item such as your case.:mad:

I got burnt from a member here at this site. :mad::mad: I won't revile his name now. I was talking to him and telling him that I needed a receiver. He said he had a 4DTV DSR-920 for $130.00. That was mid month of March. Still have not got it, supposedly it got lost in the mail because he sent it to me just as “Parcel Post” without any insurance or tracking. :eek: He keeps saying that he is going to make it right for me, but as far as this date nothing! I know $130 isn’t much but you expect what you pay for to come to you. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth!

Tom

:(

Its all a big hassle. They guy has already received my board back with the rma number.
Have not heard anything yet. No emails or tracking numbers. I may be getting screwed.
I gave him negative feedback on ebay. Mainly for having the signal theft boards to begin with.
Feel the same thing here towards the guy who was or is a regular member here. Seems his cell phone number is no longer good. I tried reaching him on his home number but only get an answering machine instead. :mad: I haven’t heard from him either by phone, e-mail or instant messaging! :confused:
Not sure what my next move is. I would hate to embarrass him, however also feel he’s putting my back against the wall. :(

Tom

I got burnt from a member here at this site. :mad::mad: I won't revile his name now. I was talking to him and telling him that I needed a receiver. He said he had a 4DTV DSR-920 for $130.00. That was mid month of March. Still have not got it, supposedly it got lost in the mail because he sent it to me just as “Parcel Post” without any insurance or tracking. :eek: He keeps saying that he is going to make it right for me, but as far as this date nothing! I know $130 isn’t much but you expect what you pay for to come to you. Kind of leaves a bad taste in your mouth!
:(

huh...I had the same type of experience...probably the same person

couple months ago I had a FTA sale where I sold some stuff. Almost everything I sold was to the FTA folks (folks I "knew"..the ones that post in the FTA area all the time)...some sent money orders, some paypal, some sent checks and said I could hold onto the stuff until the check cleared. I sent the items right away as I figured they were good on their word.

So someone wanted a 905. A "member" here (using quotes as they havent been here for a while) wanted it and would send a postal money order. Was "sent" on a Saturday....got a PM on Tuesday, Wed & Thursday seeing if I got it. Nope. But I made the mistake of saying "well you're good on your word, I'll send it to ya". Sent priority and they got it in 2 days. Apparently they couldnt get it authorized :rolleyes: and after a week this person said they'd send it back to me. I figured heck I could use it on the music channels when they were still on X4 at the time. I hadnt got the money order and this person was told they had to wait 45 days before dealing with the PO. My uncle works for the local PO and its only 30 days....so the person said in a PM that it would be sent on Friday which got pushed back to Saturday...well that was 2 months ago and no money order and no receiver.

PM from 5/29 (just found it)
"going to send the receiver out to you tomorrow morning."

So technically I am out 120 bucks.....I paid 100 for the receiver at the time and it cost me 20 to ship it...and I have no money order or no 905 :(

Feel the same thing here towards the guy who was or is a regular member here. Seems his cell phone number is no longer good. I tried reaching him on his home number but only get an answering machine instead. :mad: I haven’t heard from him either by phone, e-mail or instant messaging! :confused:
Not sure what my next move is. I would hate to embarrass him, however also feel he’s putting my back against the wall. :(

Tom

I got news for you. If he was a regular posting member here, and he took your money and ran, I'd out him in a heartbeat. I keep ALL my post office reciepts until the person recieves the items so I can PROVE I mailed it to them. The first thing I sold on ebay made this a habit. the receipt I got when I mailed it was the only proof I had that I mailed it. Now if he furnished that proof and it really DID get lost...that's another matter. It happens. Sucks, but it happens.

A SatGuy is the LAST person I would wrong. Double that if he is a PubMember. :mad:

Not to toot my own horn here, but I do things all the time for members, LNB's, old actuator motors, dishes, most of them gratis. I do it because I think its RIGHT, not because I am out to make a buck. And they have returned it to me in spades.

Its what its all about to me. And yeah, I am proud of it. That pride and five bucks will get me a cup of that fancy-dancy coffee they sell nowadays, but I sleep WELL every night. :up

I got news for you. If he was a regular posting member here, and he took your money and ran, I'd out him in a heartbeat.
thinking about it......

A SatGuy is the LAST person I would wrong. Double that if he is a PubMember. :mad:
mine was

Not to toot my own horn here, but I do things all the time for members, LNB's, old actuator motors, dishes, most of them gratis. I do it because I think its RIGHT, not because I am out to make a buck. And they have returned it to me in spades.
very true. I am the same way. I sent out stuff on a Saturday priority and they got it on the next Monday. I always keep the receipts until they get it. And on the plus side, all the folks that buy things from me here usually PM me when they get it.

Its what its all about to me. And yeah, I am proud of it. That pride and five bucks will get me a cup of that fancy-dancy coffee they sell nowadays, but I sleep WELL every night. :up
That is how I feel here. Plus I guess being a regular member here ;) the last thing I want to do is ruin a good reputation by cheating someone out of 100 bucks

zero tolerance

I know someone else who's been screwed over by a member here.
(not me, neither as the screwer nor screwee)

So, maybe you guys should all get together and have a meeting.
When you're done, send me a copy of the meeting's minutes.
I would like to avoid these folks like the plague.

We don't take any guff from anyone, not even our advertisers.
If there's a problem, it gets resolved, and the advertiser's good name is restored.

Sorry to veer so far off topic.

Snake in the Grass

Hello stogie and everyone,
After learning that the person who ripped me off also ripped Iceberg off I feel no mercy for him. The person who I thought was my friend who turned out to be a Snake in the Grass. Don't send any money or deal with this guy. He needs to make it right for Iceberg, myself and anyone else he has taken advantage of here.[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR]

Tom :mad:
I got news for you. If he was a regular posting member here, and he took your money and ran, I'd out him in a heartbeat. I keep ALL my post office reciepts until the person recieves the items so I can PROVE I mailed it to them. The first thing I sold on ebay made this a habit. the receipt I got when I mailed it was the only proof I had that I mailed it. Now if he furnished that proof and it really DID get lost...that's another matter. It happens. Sucks, but it happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reasons like these are why I avoid ebay. I've been screwed over a few times myself. I like to think of you guys as friends and I pretty much only stick to these areas here. When I needed a receiver last year, a kind member gave me his. I would gladly return the favor if he or another trusted member needed my help.

I hope this can be settled among us.

yep. Its the same guy. He wanted to buy my 905 and "sent" the money order but a week later it had never come. I figured I TRUSTED the guy and sent the box. After all I sent a few items out before the money order came or the check cleared because the folks I sold them too (members here in the FTA area) I TRUSTED.

I sent chefwan 3 PM's after the receiver was "sent back" (supposedly) and no response...I did send one after his last logon but no responses for the other 3.

Last edited:
Reasons like these are why I avoid ebay.

the issue is not ebay in mine & tom's case. It was a member here who we TRUSTED.
-an active member at satguys
-an active member in the FTA area
-a pub member too

good lord I guess you cant trust anyone nowadays :(

I know someone else who's been screwed over by a member here.
(not me, neither as the screwer nor screwee)

So, maybe you guys should all get together and have a meeting.
When you're done, send me a copy of the meeting's minutes.
I would like to avoid these folks like the plague.

We don't take any guff from anyone, not even our advertisers.
If there's a problem, it gets resolved, and the advertiser's good name is restored.

Sorry to veer so far off topic.

I am the other guy who got screwed over by a member here. He is a Senior Member and a Pub Member and it wasn't Chefwan.

He didn't outright screw me by not sending me money or a receiver. He misrepresented what the receiver was capable of doing. We had quite a long string of PMs about it and he did admit that the receiver wouldn't do the one thing I needed for it to do. I asked for my money back and I would send the receiver back to him, and even offered to take a partial money back and just keep it. He wouldn't agree to any of that.

I took it to a Paypal conflict and went through the 30 day process of ending in a Paypal dispute. Paypal denied the claim because I did actually get the receiver and it did work, just not the way it was represented so they couldn't force him to refund my money.

I can prove everything that I have written here with the entire conversation in my PM Inbox and Sentbox.

I have never named him or written anything bad about him, but did tell Anole.

I too have helped others here by sending stuff, some of it "gratis". I have always stood behind everything I have sold here too.

I was very saddened and angered at the same time that someone who we all have read their posts and have known here would screw someone over for a $100.00 is beyond me.

I still keep hoping that he will make it right, but sadly if he doesn't, I will name him too. :(

I never trusted Chewfan - he had some weird stories about moving, then not moving, then that he had these great deals on GI receivers... then didn't need them.. then a week later wanted to buy one... then was selling ... then buying... seemed fishy.
Sucks to see people get ripped off here of all places. I'm glad you guys came forward and outed him, as I'd personally be more upset if I got burned by someone here and found out later that a bunch of guys knew he was burning others but didn't say anything.

Here's hoping that you get your money back, or at least your "entertainment value" out of giving the guy enough trouble to make him think twice about doing something like this again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts