question about moving dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dennis12

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
My satelite guy is putting my 10 ft mesh dish in next week. I have a Pansat 9200 hd pvr free to air and a 922 4dtv receiver. He says he will be use the 922 to move the dish. My question is when i recored off my pansat from sat to sat, shouldnt that be the receiver to move the dish or does it really mater. Dennis

Of course it matters.

Your 922 has motor-drive electronics and can swing your dish from bird to bird.
The Pansat does not.
To get the Pansat to move the dish, you would need to install a Vbox or a Gbox
That takes movement commands from the Pansat, and drives the motor.
But then, the 922 couldn't control the dish.
Gotta pick one

The 922 also has control of your polarity servo, to select between vertical and horizontal transponders.
The Pansat does not contol that servo.
It could drive a voltage-controlled LNBF, but it sounds like it's far too late to make a change now.
Not saying a change would be a good idea, either.

It's apples and oranges - whichever suits you, is the right one.

So, anyway, to get the Pansat onto a desired bird, you'll need to swing the dish with the 922.
If you want to record a show, just be sure you're on the proper satellite before the recording begins.

Possible Solution: Get another BUD. -- :D

Thanks. I guess the satelite guy knows better what he is doing tha I. Dennis

You should always be informed.
Especially when people are selling you things.
Hang out here, read the posts, ask questions, and you'll get that education for free.
We can always use a new face! - :up

My satelite guy is putting my 10 ft mesh dish in next week. I have a Pansat 9200 hd pvr free to air and a 922 4dtv receiver. He says he will be use the 922 to move the dish. My question is when i recored off my pansat from sat to sat, shouldnt that be the receiver to move the dish or does it really mater. Dennis

I have had a 922 since they first came out. I never used any of the timers, but i would think you could set the 922 to go to a specific satellite and to a transponder of the correct polarity at the correct time, and then set your DVB receiver to record at the same time.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)