Got Dish Yesterday. Can I cancel?

Just a note - the signature at the end of installation is the legally binding moment of contract formation.

This is important. If it were otherwise, Dish could get away with making you pay for service from the moment you clicked "order" on the website even before your install date - and could make you pay a cancellation fee if you rejected installation for any reason, even something like NLOS that is arguably "nobody's fault."

Thank you for the assistance guys. I appreciate your help. I was under the gun. I had a very short time to make a decision that could cost me a lot of money.

I appreciate your help. Good forums are made be good people, being kind, honest, and helpful. Anonymous members who scream "troll!" detract from every forum. I've run several over the years.

Your diagnosis were correct. I was given a bad receiver. I was getting low signal strength due to poor antenna alignment.

It took a week, but my local reseller, Kel-Tronics, did me right. They gave me a new receiver and re-aligned the antenna. Since then, I've had no reboots. Signal strength is consistently 91%. Outages from black clouds only last about 15 minutes, and are rare. I also got an over-the-air antenna from them and get local KTRE-ABC.

I'm happy with my purchase. You guys gave me the confidence not to abandon ship even as my return period ran out. Thank you.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to copy my camcorder .avi files to this thing. :D

Only w/ext HDD

Thank you for the assistance guys.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to copy my camcorder .avi files to this thing. :D

Your welcome and glad you came back w/answer. Now for copying the camcorder files to it. You probably can but I wouldn't unless you have the ext. HDD option. It will fill up the internal HDD and if the unit crashes you will lose them. W/the ext HDD then you can put them on there but will only work w/ the DVR. I would suggest you move the avi files to DVD's or HDD in a PC.

... pretty much every signle time it rains, generally from 15 to 30 minutes, but often an hour or so.

If you lose signal every single time it rains, you really do need to have someone check out your install. Even in Texas, not every rain event should knock out your signal. We get plenty of thunderstorms up north, but I probably lose signal for 10 - 15 minutes a handful of times a year.

Stay on their butts till you are 100% satisfied.
Eventually you will get a tech out their to fix it right.

In Lufkin you should have a whole spectrum of sats they can pick from.

Thank you for the assistance guys. I appreciate your help. I was under the gun. I had a very short time to make a decision that could cost me a lot of money. . .

Your diagnosis were correct. I was given a bad receiver. I was getting low signal strength due to poor antenna alignment.

It took a week, but my local reseller, Kel-Tronics, did me right. They gave me a new receiver and re-aligned the antenna. Since then, I've had no reboots. Signal strength is consistently 91%. Outages from black clouds only last about 15 minutes, and are rare. I also got an over-the-air antenna from them and get local KTRE-ABC.
. :D
The original post was from July. The OP was giving us an update. I'm glad that your issues were resolved promptly.:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts