got hd dvr for good price

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hogarth said:
Dude, relax.

Follow my original advice.. 12:05pm hits, and you've gotten neither a call nor an install, call D*.

You're not empowered to do anything else. :) Chill

The tech is not responsible but to roll to the address on the WO.

Well they're calling for a heavier rain now. Not a torrential rain but a steady rain none the less. I hope he still comes. Does the fact that it is going to be a steady rain mean I should expect a cancellation?

when i went to check my order status it says installation date and time unscheduled. what does that mean? Is it just a system glitch or did they cancel my appointment without calling me?

mikedz4 said:
when i went to check my order status it says installation date and time unscheduled. what does that mean? Is it just a system glitch or did they cancel my appointment without calling me?

Yup.

well it says the installation is for today between 8a and 12p again this morning when i checked it. Of course so far he is a no show/no call. I sure hope he shows up cause I'm usually sleeping right now but i got up to make sure i was ready when he got here. Plus it's not raining right now it's just damp and miserable outside.

well they installed it. The antenna sucks digitally. I can pickup some analog channels but the digital channels suck. Also why isn't there that many hd channels yet? I only see 6 or 7 hd channels. Plus the channel changing on the tivo stinks. I'm used to the instant channel changing on my comcast dvr and the d10 i had plus i miss my interactive channels. I may be returning this in a week or so as I am disappointed.

The antenna they supply is terrible.
Go get yourself a better one.

Channel changing is slow -- and a little research would have demonstrated everyone thinks it's way too slow.

H

it's a butterfly antenna. It sucks big time. What will they say if I call them and complain telling them it isn't worth $10 let alone $50 and I want one that will pickup the pittsburgh and wheeling digital locals or else I'm returning it and the hd-tivo as without local digital stations there aren't enough hd programming to justify the cost of the two? Will they be able to get me an antenna that can justify the cost of the hdtivo or will they let me return them and use my original tivo?

mikedz4 said:
it's a butterfly antenna. It sucks big time. What will they say if I call them and complain telling them it isn't worth $10 let alone $50 and I want one that will pickup the pittsburgh and wheeling digital locals or else I'm returning it and the hd-tivo as without local digital stations there aren't enough hd programming to justify the cost of the two? Will they be able to get me an antenna that can justify the cost of the hdtivo or will they let me return them and use my original tivo?

They are not going to get you another type of Antenna. If you want a better one you will have to buy it yourself.

Mike, I hate to say this but did you do any research what so ever before this purchase? First of all you paid way too much, second of all it sounds like you had no idea what you were getting into? Go read the HD forums

how was i supposed to get it any cheaper? I figured if i could pickup the analog signals with rabbit ears that the antenna on the roof would pickup the digital signals. I got it for $450 after $100 rebate and $100 bill credit plus 6 months of showtime free and 6 months of hbo discounted(gotta call about that because im not getting it), plus 3 months of the hd package free. What will they say when I call to complain about the antenna? Will they give me a new one or will they just let me return it? The problem is my dad(im 24 and live with my parents) won't let me climb on the roof and mount an antenna like I want to do in order to get the best signal.

mikedz4 said:
how was i supposed to get it any cheaper? I figured if i could pickup the analog signals with rabbit ears that the antenna on the roof would pickup the digital signals. I got it for $450 after $100 rebate and $100 bill credit plus 6 months of showtime free and 6 months of hbo discounted(gotta call about that because im not getting it), plus 3 months of the hd package free. What will they say when I call to complain about the antenna? Will they give me a new one or will they just let me return it? The problem is my dad(im 24 and live with my parents) won't let me climb on the roof and mount an antenna like I want to do in order to get the best signal.

Calling D* will probaly solve nothing except another tech with another Antenna coming to your house. Your going to have to open your wallet again if you want it right.

If they want me as a customer they will make me happy. Right now I am not happy. Having just shelled out all this money for a hd dvr and antenna and i can't get the stations I want to watch? If they can't get me an antenna that will get the stations I want to watch then I will probably return my equipment and cancel my service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)