Got installed today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lem52

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
Cookeville, TN
I got installed today. I thought the Braves was in HD but evidently they are not and I switched mostly because of the HD. I am just getting a regional alternate and the picture on my 65 inch Mitsubishi looks dam crappy! Does anyone know if Fox SportsSouth and Fox Sports Net actually do the Braves in HD? I always saw ads that said 100 games in HD!

Other HD channels look fair but they are not as good as my cable system was. I wished I had not made this move. Can a person get out of this after one day? The channel 651 looks great on the standard tv in my computer room which has a 36 inch screen.

Lem52

Some Braves games have been in HD on FSN and SS you just gotta look for em in the guide like on 645-1 or others it does seem that so far the majority of games have been SD perhaps more will come after hockey playoffs end...651 which is the Peachtree Channel has only been SD

The Atlanta Hawks are on Fox SportsSouth in HD and I'm sure that's why the Braves aren't in HD tonight. As far as I know, only people in Atlanta get Peachtree in HD. It's a damn shame it isn't viewable in HD for everyone else but I can't complain, at least I get to watch the Braves. Braves are broadcasted Sundays on Fox SportsSouth in HD.

Most of the times if the game is on FSN or SportsSouth it is going to be in HD (Most - not all..). Once in a blue moon you may catch them on TBSHD - Hopefully we will see them on TBSHD during playoff time. If they are on ESPNHD its probably going to be blacked out and be on Peachtree like earlier this week.

Another question is about rebates. I didn't get a rebate form that gives me a discount for a year after the first bill or two. I can't check any rebates on my account because it keeps sending me around in circles. Confirm the email and then log back in and get the same thing over and over. Where do I get a rebate form that gives me that monthly discount for a year?

Lem52

I got installed today. I thought the Braves was in HD but evidently they are not and I switched mostly because of the HD. I am just getting a regional alternate and the picture on my 65 inch Mitsubishi looks dam crappy! Does anyone know if Fox SportsSouth and Fox Sports Net actually do the Braves in HD? I always saw ads that said 100 games in HD!

Other HD channels look fair but they are not as good as my cable system was. I wished I had not made this move. Can a person get out of this after one day? The channel 651 looks great on the standard tv in my computer room which has a 36 inch screen.

Lem52
question? which receiver did you end up with? the hr22-100 or the new hr 23-700.

I may have a grounding problem so need to ask if this was the correct way to ground the system.

My wires are running from the dish in a pipe thats burried then enters under the house and he hooked up the splitter or switch under the house and grounded to a copper water pipe with a short piece of copper wire. Is this correct? Don't sound right to me. I thought you was supposed to run a rod into the ground.

lem52

I may have a grounding problem so need to ask if this was the correct way to ground the system.

My wires are running from the dish in a pipe thats burried then enters under the house and he hooked up the splitter or switch under the house and grounded to a copper water pipe with a short piece of copper wire. Is this correct? Don't sound right to me. I thought you was supposed to run a rod into the ground.

lem52

Usually the wires coming from the Satellite are hooked to a ground block and then the block is grounded to a pipe that is grounded. Mine is grounded from the Ground Block to the ground wire coming from my fuse box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts