got me a free system

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RidgeRunner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 30, 2005
Raymond, Maine, United States
Well I do alot of driving around for my job, I see c band dishes all over this state problem is I never call or the dishes look pretty sad. I happen to drive by this house on my road every day with a 10 foot c band dish which happens to look pretty good...may have still be in use. Well I felt comfortable calling someone in my neighborhood. So I called the guy chatted up with him found out we know some of the same people. Well the story is he stopped using the system about 3 years ago and he used it for nascar, but is getting old and is retired and does not have the money nor time to maintain the system. He has 4dtv receiver, but he wasnt sure of modles or anything, but he said everything was serviced and working last time he used it, basicly a complete system that I can have all of...I'm gonna wait until spring time when its warmer out. Funny though when I was telling the guy what I was up to he said that I almost talked him out of giving me the system, b/c he was half tempted to keep the system. So I'll report back when I find out more.

haha

i've gotten several C-band dishs my self i drive around mostly on weekends after work alittle looking in people's back yards and side's. i bet traffic gets pretty mad at me going about 20-30MPH in a 55 MPH zone running off the sides of roads too lol but anyway what i tell them is . im using it for something useful. i tell them im going to make a gold fish pond and throw a tarp over and put water in it. with alittle rocks on the side they go ohhhh thats pretty nice. and say you can have it. i told this one old guy i was going to use it for FTA he said well i guess ill hang on to it. LOL:cool: i bet he went in and started looking things up on it. nahh. it was pretty crazy he said he was going to give it away then he acted like he wasnt lol. yaaaa

Well I think his major thing is that he is an older guy on a fixed income and was interested, but doesnt have the cash flow nor the ability to get it going. He was definetly interested, but not enough to actually keep it

Well being a installer I have people offer them to me all the time. I have so many now I quit taking them.

Well I do alot of driving around for my job, I see c band dishes all over this state problem is I never call or the dishes look pretty sad. I happen to drive by this house on my road every day with a 10 foot c band dish which happens to look pretty good...may have still be in use. Well I felt comfortable calling someone in my neighborhood. So I called the guy chatted up with him found out we know some of the same people. Well the story is he stopped using the system about 3 years ago and he used it for nascar, but is getting old and is retired and does not have the money nor time to maintain the system. He has 4dtv receiver, but he wasnt sure of modles or anything, but he said everything was serviced and working last time he used it, basicly a complete system that I can have all of...I'm gonna wait until spring time when its warmer out. Funny though when I was telling the guy what I was up to he said that I almost talked him out of giving me the system, b/c he was half tempted to keep the system. So I'll report back when I find out more.

At least get the electronisc from him , NOW , before he changes his mind .

I would get the dish too & store it , if I had to . Until warmer weather . Then plant the pipe , do the concrete & install it .

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts