got my 10 footer up today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Hello guys,
Got my 10 foot sami mesh up today (new one). Spent most of the afternoon peaking it. That pansat 9200 Hd is a terrible tuning tool.
It reacts slowy to signal quality changes.

Anyway I have great C-band signals but I have to work a little more on the ku. I live here in WV, so my declination is at 38 degrees.

kind of an odd thing, the sats on each end of my arc are superstrong, but the middle is a little down on signal quality.

Amc3 ku seems a little low to me.
Could my declination angle be wrong?
My pole is plumb and no visible obstructions to amc3.

Glad you got it working!

If both ends are strong, but weak in the middle, it is more likely just an overall elevation peak at the middle.

Depends on which way you move the dish to get better strength. Push down or up on the front of the dish.

Oh and by the way, what do you mean ends of the arc? if it is 139W on one side and 72W on the other you need to try and get to 58W for a better assessment of the ends from WV.

It could be a whole assembly adjustment is all you need.

Push up or down on the front of the dish when at the far ends.

Would recommend you try to "peak" a sat at the center of the arc. Make small adjustments (either up or down) to see how dish sees it. Then go back to the (arc) end sats and see if reduction occurred. Sometimes it is a compromise to get best signal for all of the sats.
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)