Got my DIRECTV HR34 Home Media Center Setup today....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sori4mvp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Tech was great, got here at about 8:15 and left around 10:30. Everything went smoothly. Loving the fact that I can now record up to 5 shows at once, watch them in every room; and this is all with one line to my Main DVR downstairs. I was still rocking the old school setup with the HD DVR and having to have two lines just to watch and record something else at the sametime, and being in a townhouse it just wasn't much of an option to fish for a second line so I was stuck only to be able to record what I was watching.

Loving this technology right now, this setup is awesome. So glad I finally stepped up and made the change.

Glad all is working well for you.

You did know that you could have gotten a SWM set up awhile back and been able to have both tuners active with your previous recvrs, right ?

Glad all is working well for you.

You did know that you could have gotten a SWM set up awhile back and been able to have both tuners active with your previous recvrs, right ?

I've been with directv since '99, but when I moved in early '07 I did a move order and at the same time finally upgraded my receiver to an HD DVR to go with the HDTV, dude came out and acted like he couldn't do it with one line. He said it required two lines to watch and record a different program. I was skeptical, but just took his word. Figured that probably wasn't the case but just went with the flow.

I've been with directv since '99, but when I moved in early '07 I did a move order and at the same time finally upgraded my receiver to an HD DVR to go with the HDTV, dude came out and acted like he couldn't do it with one line. He said it required two lines to watch and record a different program. I was skeptical, but just took his word. Figured that probably wasn't the case but just went with the flow.

Actually, back in '07, Im thinking he was right, they didnt have this single line technoligy back then and it did take 2 lines do what your doing with 1 today.

Tech was great, got here at about 8:15 and left around 10:30. Everything went smoothly. Loving the fact that I can now record up to 5 shows at once, watch them in every room; and this is all with one line to my Main DVR downstairs. I was still rocking the old school setup with the HD DVR and having to have two lines just to watch and record something else at the sametime, and being in a townhouse it just wasn't much of an option to fish for a second line so I was stuck only to be able to record what I was watching.

Loving this technology right now, this setup is awesome. So glad I finally stepped up and made the change.

I just got mine installed today too....LOVING it
really liked tonight to hit "list" and see 5 things recording

+1 :)

I just got mine installed today too....LOVING it
really liked tonight to hit "list" and see 5 things recording

+! Im loving my HR34 also.wish i would get the new HDGUI downloaded on my HR34 :)

whitewolf8214 said:
+! Im loving my HR34 also.wish i would get the new HDGUI downloaded on my HR34 :)

Maybe the CE for next week will not be cancelled, and we can grab it then.

Yeah, so what's up? I hear we can get like Youtube and Pandora on this bad boy, do I have to wait for the update?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts