Got my s10 today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
Got it finally, but theres some things I dont like about it already.

when deleting channels, im used to having a preview so I know right away what ones to take off. The s10 doesnt have it.

My old satworks I just enter the LO, switch info, and port and it lind scans. The S10 it forces me to pick a sat and scan that way unless there is something I am missing. Is it actually blind scanning or just running on saved tp's? The selection is on blind scan on the page.

Having a diseqc switch selected to scan is a pain, have to go through several pages now when it used to be on the 1st page on the satworks.

Unless im missing a lot of settngs, its a hassle to scan in channels now. That and the manual is in "engrish"

alot of people seem to complain about certain functions or features on the s9 or s10....all i can say is you get what you pay for....what do people expect from a hundred dollar receiver?....if people want a GOOD quality receiver then they need to spend more money to get that quality....

Mark,

You will get used to the differences and a few inconveniences the OpenBox has. The advantages will eventually shine thru.
The blind scan searches for new TP's and also looks more carefully at the existing TP's. For a slightly faster scan delete dead TP's.
The manual is crap, just post your questions in here, there are plenty of experienced users.

Same here I like mine after getting used to the interface. Great Blind Scan.

After spending several hours on it, its gotten a lot easier to navigate.

Only S2 signals I can get are one of the RTN transponders on S3 and that is just barely pulling them in. Any others are no-go completely which means I need to tweak the dish some more since it doesnt travel the arc all that well

Mine was installed over the weekend. It's getting "used to me." A friend with more patience came over and assisted with the programming, though I can do it easily.
What I really worry about is using the editor for the channel additions like CW. I don't want to "muck" up my system...hopefully I can keep the working config on one
thumb drive when trying.....reload if a problem.

And, is there a way to SORT by satellite in both the favorites and the master list, rather than just by name, scrambled/non and alphabetical? I get tired of the dish constantly moving while working on finding a favorite or looking at "what's up there."

Otherwise, a small, feature packed receiver......and it fit nicely in the RV....and gave me some feeds my first PVR wouldn't, plus having all the audio without having to
use an external digital to analog converter!

Got it finally

what's your chip id? I received my S10 today to check out for the possibility of giving it to a friend while I got myself a Manhattan that also arrived today so I have S2 blindscan capability. I think my S10 may be a clone - chip ID D000 and I can't find it in any list of genuine S10 chip IDs that are posted on the net. It's not too bad to use except for I don't get the standby feature unless it's a bug/receiver is a clone. I hit standby or power off and the front panel unlights but the video service that the receiver is locked onto continues to play. I can't use the power or standby button to bring the front panal back to life so I have to unplug and let it go through the bootup process to get back to being able to get the menu to load and look at other muxes. I don't think I want to try a newer firmware because if this is a clone, it very well could get bricked. Seems authentic to me from appearance and box color, unless I"m seeing on internet searches a lot of pics of clones, but the chip id (unless the list is dated) makes me feel it's a clone and not real.

Is there a menu for the chip ID?

yes, it's under tools/information. You hit several 7's or 8's on the remote until a couple more lines of information appear. The chip ID is on the last line, final four digits out of an eight digit hex string (and I think the two pairs of four hex characters might be separated by a colon). You take the last four hex characters and see if it matches one of the genuine S10 chip IDs that have been posted to various forums and easily found with a search engine. My D000 chip ID doesn't appear to be in any of those lists of genuine S10 chips.

Last edited:
According to a list I found online, these chipset numbers are not clones. Mine is a 1015 chipset

00D0
00EA
085B
0D0C
98A1
98F2
9CF4
9D1A

markbone100;2605365]According to a list I found online, these chipset numbers are not clones. Mine is a 1015 chipset
My S10 is also the 1015 set.I not sure what version software it came with but last night I installed the the 07012011 version and it's working just fine.

The hundred dollar S10 receiver works fine for me, good blind scan good video.

The hundred dollar S10 receiver works fine for me, good blind scan good video.

My hundred dollar S10 receiver works fine for blind scan/video but I think the fact it might be a clone explains the oddness about turning the receiver off or going into standby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)