Got my SDR Play signing now

SDR technology is changing so rapidly that no doubt some of the options discussed above will be implemented in the not so distant future.

Has anyone tried that new Nooelec dongle with the E4000 tuner and enabled bias tee? I got one for future Outernet reception and with the matching preamp for L-band and the L band patch antenna am getting some L-band signals. Haven't found Outernet signal yet. There are 3 satellites, 15.4W, 54W and 98W that I have tried, no luck but a lot of other weird sounding signals there.

Attachments

• inmarsat setup3.jpg
    inmarsat setup3.jpg
    266.9 KB · Views: 174
SDR technology is changing so rapidly that no doubt some of the options discussed above will be implemented in the not so distant future.

Has anyone tried that new Nooelec dongle with the E4000 tuner and enabled bias tee? I got one for future Outernet reception and with the matching preamp for L-band and the L band patch antenna am getting some L-band signals. Haven't found Outernet signal yet. There are 3 satellites, 15.4W, 54W and 98W that I have tried, no luck but a lot of other weird sounding signals there.

Why don't you hook up the patch antenna to your FTA setup? Align your FTA dish and tune it to 97W, when you receive a good signal, build a new satellite for 98.2 W and have USAL point the dish to 98.2 Satellite then duck tape the L patch to the center of the dish this way you know you are pointing the antenna in the correct direction.

Reactions: N6BY

Yes, but the combination performed very poorly for me also. Over the past couple of weeks I have experimented with making some other L-Band antenna designs. Just started a new thread here: http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/experimenting-with-l-band-antennas.363533/

Why don't you hook up the patch antenna to your FTA setup? Align your FTA dish and tune it to 97W, when you receive a good signal, build a new satellite for 98.2 W and have USAL point the dish to 98.2 Satellite then duck tape the L patch to the center of the dish this way you know you are pointing the antenna in the correct direction.
Excellent advice - it gives better results. But its gets even better if you modify the patch antenna for LHCP polarity (after reflecting off of the dish, the polarity reverses from the stock RHCP configuration).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts