Got Phone Call today from Dish Nazi Audit team

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Actually the discrepancies don't surprise me, the Audit Nazis are famous for changing the rules and making sh*t up as they go along.

NightRyder

plumfam4 said:
SO i am lying??? What would be the point? Wanna come look at my set up wanna here the message a got to call them back? YOU ARE JUST A BITTER PERSON!! If that unhappy change companies!!! But see you haven't have you? SO it must not be that bad cause trust me If i was as bitter as you they wouldn't get another dime of my money!!! I am not say DISH is awesome or the they didn't have faults but i am happy with the service i get for the money I pay. But of coarse bitter people have to be right and when someone says something to disprove what they say they must be lying. TRUTH BE SAID FIVE RECEIVERS 2 LINES PASSED AUDIT!!!!!!!! NO LIE NO BULL SORRY DUDE!!!!!!!
whoa fella i didn't mean to send in all sorts of pissedoffness
all i was was trying to say is from the dealings with the audit team i have had and others in this thread and many others

Phone lines to all irds required
if not they tell you to buy wireless phone jacks at your expense
if they find out all phone lines not hooked in that equals instant deactivation no exceptions
no hard feelings fella no ill will was meant or intended towards ya

I'm not a bitter person but with all the money i paid dishenet every month for TV after i passed the audit they could have thanked me for my business but they chose not to
i resent the way i was treated by the audit team

essentially i did change went from 8 various dvr irds programming to the hilt
to a 7200 with family pack i save over 160 usd now every month thanks dish

see so you did have something to hide lol

Last edited:
Maybe I was a bit Postal

Accepted STONE Maybe i got lucky Maybe cause older receiver Maybe cause i have a 622 install on the 25th and the installer can look who knows. But if i was told i needed a phone line hooked up to every receiver after verifying all the info they wanted i would have told them keep the 622 deactivate the receiver and while they are at it cancel my account. I can understand why if you can verify all the info they wanted when they asked ans still said u needed a phone I two would be hostile. I am sorry for going a bit postal on you BTW. I guess what i was trying to say is that the audit didn't bother me but if after i gave them all the info they wanted and then they said I needed a line connected I two would have be a bit PO'd No hard feeling Stone. Conflict can be constructive sometimes. Also Stone he did thank me and hoped I enjoy my new 622. Maybe thats why i didn't have a problem with audit and you did because the the CSR I spoke with was very respectful and polite. He thank me for time it took me to provide all the info. YOu are totally right they should respect and thank you for you bussiness, if they didnt then there was a problem, no excuse for that action.

Last edited:
Some suggestions:

When the audit team calls, ask them to prove to you who they are. Demand that they provide you with a phone number before you answer any questions which you can verify with Dish that proves they are legitimate. Tell them that you have been receiving phony calls from people claiming to be from Dish and that you think they just might be fraudulent.

Find out if they are Dish employees or a contractor. If a contractor, ask them the name of their company. Tell the person that if there is a problem you will bring a lawsuit for libel against them individually as well as their company for interfering with your contract with Dish.

Advise Dish that some phony company has been claiming to do audits but you suspect that they are from the cable company as they acted threatening and rude and you know Dish people wouldn't do anything like that. Tell Dish they told you that if you were dissatisfied, you should go to DirectTV as DirectTV has better deals. You think they are phony.

JohnP

Another suggestion about the audit team. I just went to the E* website and I do not see anywhere in the customer contract that they have the right to call us and make us verify that we are not stealing from them.

mzopinionated said:
Another suggestion about the audit team. I just went to the E* website and I do not see anywhere in the customer contract that they have the right to call us and make us verify that we are not stealing from them.

You might want to read the Customer Service Agreement again then. Straight from it:

DISH Network Residential Service Agreement said:
F. Additional Tuners and Receivers. We may allow you to place additional receivers on your account in our sole discretion. Each additional receiver will be authorized to receive the same Services as your initial receiver. This option is only available if your initial DISH Network receiver and all additional receiver(s) are located at the same residence and are continuously connected to your same land-based telephone line. Unless otherwise specified in the customer agreement(s), if any, applicable to the promotion(s) pursuant to which you are receiving Services and/or Equipment, DISH Network will charge you a monthly additional outlet programming access fee (“Additional Outlet Programming Access Fee”) for each tuner activated on your account beyond the first. If you desire to receive Services at two different residential locations, you must open a separate account for each location. You agree that you will not directly or indirectly use a single account for the purpose of authorizing Services for multiple DISH Network receivers that are not all located in the same residence and connected to your same land-based telephone line. If we later determine that you did, we may disconnect your Services and, in addition to all other applicable fees, you agree to pay us the difference between the amounts actually received by us and the full retail price for the Services authorized for each DISH Network receiver on your account.

If they really wanted to be mean about it they could disconnect all of the receivers not hooked into phone lines without anybody giving you a call at all before doing so.

nsafreak said:
If they really wanted to be mean about it they could disconnect all of the receivers not hooked into phone lines without anybody giving you a call at all before doing so.
that would actually be better than having to deal with their attitude:D

nsafreak said:
You might want to read the Customer Service Agreement again then. Straight from it:

I have been installing DN for 8 years..While DN would like each sub to connect their rec's to a land based phone line, it is NOT required..Never has and is not now...
Besides, many subs do not have a land based ph line to their home..They have mobile only or VoIP...

I have never been audited in my 8 yrs as a cust.....I have no idea why DN would do as you say above...It is illogical..Trust me an involuntary disco for that reason would result in an instant termination of my sub with Dish..

It sems to me that Dish may audit those who have multiple receivers on thei9r accounts..I have noticed there are some poters on here that list their equip..Some have mnay tuners.. I would venture to say that these subs are more likely to be audited....

nsafreak said:

yes, but they have audited customers that have all of their receivers hooked up to phone lines and I still don't read were it says they have the right to call you to confirm.

mddish said:
Did an audit test for a customer yesterday. Four receivers 3-811 & 1- 921
Three of the receivers have phone lines. Pulled up info screen, all three had
reported into dish 3-11-2006.
Went thru test with operator OS3.
At the end he said I flunked the test and had to get phone lines connected.
I asked which receivers flunked. He stated 2 of the 4 are not in the address that you stated. WTF !!!
I asked "are you telling me all four receivers are not here?" Are you calling me and the customer a liar? No just stating they are not at the location you say they are. He stated again phone lines are needed. When I stated three of the receivers called into dish on 3-11-2006. He got pissed. Then I stated I have been installing dish for 9 years without phone lines except for dual tuners.
Things got hot !!! Told me he was going to audit every account that I activated in
the last nine years. I told him to have fun.
What Bullsh!t!! Are the accounts being audited, just the ones that us retailers have done??A witch hunt !!
BTW: switched to directv last month over my personal audit.

Just shows what dish thinks of the retailers

Interesting.....Tell ya what, I don't take sh*t from CSR's..If they ever get salty with me I remind them that the call is being recorded....I TELL THEM what to do..if they balk I tell them I want to speak to their coach.That usually sets them back in line..
I have neber conencted a phone line where it wasn't near a jack..FO rsomeone at dish ot tel you that a lnad based is required is pure sh*t...That person you were on the phonme with was just blowing sunshine up your ass.CSR's have NO POWER of authority whatsoever..Yes the word "audit" ussually makes people cringe and cower..Trust me, this guy was a just another CSR shlub on a power trip....
His threat to audit every job..What a bunch of buillshit.....Imagine the hundereds of customer complaints Dish would get as a result of this punk's little hissy fit......

For the last time........Phone lines are NOT required...If that was not true, why is it that CSR's NEVER ask if they are upon activation?....
If a land based line was required, dish woul dlose a few huindred thousand subs who do not have a land based tel line in their home..
This is ridiculous.....

Ok, last thing..I would have made sure your customer was good and lathered up and gave HIM the phone to talk to this schmuck CSR....Imagine the look on that guys face when you spoon fed him an irate customer..LOL!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm gonna call them at my earliest convience. Are they monday through friday only, or can I call them on my 5000 bonus night and weekend minutes? :D

I need to figure out a way to record the episode. might be worth a few laughs. :hungry:

Should I do my simpson yokel impression, or my seinfeld babu? :devil:

Last edited by a moderator:
mddish said:
I did hand the phone over to the customer. When he stated 2 of the receivers were not at the location, I wanted the customer to hear it for herself. An
79 year old lady. The audit team people are not considered CSRs. They are all supervisors and will not let you speak to anyone who is above them. I've been told by them there is no one higher.
I still wouldn't take any crap from them..There is always a way to get things escalated beyond the phone monkey....

I do not think that Dish Network knows on their records who installed the systems until they started asking for that information on the phone two or three years back. It would be a bit of work trying to find out that information through a distributor or through their records unless they kept track all along by the R00 and S00 numbers or account numbers all along. Who knows. They could probably get that info if they really wanted it but do you think they would go through all that hassle to do so? Sounds like he is just crying wolf and just telling you that to get you mad.

jpezz said:
Some suggestions:

When the audit team calls, ask them to prove to you who they are. Demand that they provide you with a phone number before you answer any questions which you can verify with Dish that proves they are legitimate. Tell them that you have been receiving phony calls from people claiming to be from Dish and that you think they just might be fraudulent.

Find out if they are Dish employees or a contractor. If a contractor, ask them the name of their company. Tell the person that if there is a problem you will bring a lawsuit for libel against them individually as well as their company for interfering with your contract with Dish.

Advise Dish that some phony company has been claiming to do audits but you suspect that they are from the cable company as they acted threatening and rude and you know Dish people wouldn't do anything like that. Tell Dish they told you that if you were dissatisfied, you should go to DirectTV as DirectTV has better deals. You think they are phony.

JohnP
AH - good one.

Ya know, if we could make the audit team take HUGE chunks of time and effort just to audit one account, eventually up-Chucky would quit - because he will NEVER do anything that would cost him a penny.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts