Got some ku stuff given to me

wattage75

Original poster
Dec 14, 2022
North Pole
Hi just inherited a pile of older ku band stuff. Is it worth buying a newer receiver like a gt media. It has an old viewsat but it no longer turns on. Dish is on a motor. Is there much on ku band anymore in North America.

You can check lyngsat dot com to see most of what channels are FTA TV. 97w has the most tv but mostly religious but some good knowledge. And 117w has some but you will need to make sure your new receiver does H265 HEVC to get those. What size dish you got ? Need a good size dish to get alot of the wild feeds they are dvb s2 mostly. Get a receiver with a good blind scan.

Hi just inherited a pile of older ku band stuff. Is it worth buying a newer receiver like a gt media. It has an old viewsat but it no longer turns on. Dish is on a motor. Is there much on ku band anymore in North America.

Welcome to Satellite Guys! What size is the dish and what brand/model of motor came with it? Maybe post everything else you were given to see if it is all worth getting a new receiver for it. :)

Hi first of all thank you all for the quick replies.
I have a 39 inch ku band dish
A HH90 motor
My receiver is a no go tried fixing but blew fuse. So going to buy a new Gtmedia v8x to replace it

Reactions: fireball517